Should He Stay Or Should He Go: A. Hitchens

Texas_OutLaw7

WHAT DO WE DO WITH THIS FA?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT DO WE DO WITH THIS FA?

• Sign him to a long term deal, top 15 money (applying home-town-discount)
    • Let him walk, possibly get a high comp pick.
    • Tag him (either Franchise or Transition).
    • Other.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2018 at 02:28 PM

Historically speaking, Dallas retains less than half of all FA's. So who would you end up keeping? We will end up voting on all of them.

• Alfred Morris, RB - Not re-signed.
  • Keith Smith, FB (RFA)
  • Brice Butler, WR - Not re-signed
  • Joe Looney, G - Signed short term deal.
  • Jonathan Cooper, G
  • Byron Bell, RT
  • L.P. Ladouceur, LS
  • David Irving, DT (RFA)
  • DeMarcus Lawrence, DE - Signed long term deal.
  • Anthony Hitchens, ILB
  • Kyle Wilber, OLB
  • Bene Benwikere, CB - Not re-signed.

This list won't include anyone who is a ERFA.

What should we do with: Anthony Hitchens, ILB

This is the one FA(like Leary) where you have to want in one hand and spit in the other. See what fills up faster. Of course I want Hitchens back, but the reality is someone is going to pay him to be their best LB, and we won't(and shouldn't), because Sean Lee is our guy, followed by Smith who was drafted way earlier/invested in more than Hitchens. So the only contract we should offer is #3 LB money in a 2 LB scheme.

Only way he comes back is if he pulls a TWill and hashtags loyalty, by passing up millions to stay.

I voted let him walk, because that's what's written on the wall.

He's not going to give a home town discount deal. He's just like everyone else you have to look after yourself and try and get the best deal, any sport is just a business and once you can't perform anymore to where you were to help get a big contract your asked to take a pay cut or released. It's the only way teams can succeed year to year. So I really don't see Hitchens's resigning with the Cowboys. It's unfortunate because every year he's gotten better @ the linebacker position.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

o.O

D94W hacked WHs' account!!

Nah.

Lee is going to be 32. Hitch 26. Lee has never played a full season. Hitch has play 3 in 4 years. Lee will be retired before Hitch's contract is over. It's not an easy decision, Lee is the better player, but Hitch is good enough. Youth prevails and Dallas moves forward. I'd say the same thing with Witten too. 

If our team was that high on the Lee/Hitchens combo then it would have never gambled #34 overall for a hurt rookie LB. There would have been no need to take that kind of risk. We sign Hitchens now and have all that money and investment locked up in 3 LBs only to have the exact same group as last year, which clearly wasn't good enough? No, for better or worse, we need to churn the roster. Which means a LB should be picked in the first four picks.

Also, Hitchens was originally a 4th rounder. Leary, and Church both netted us a 4th round comp. I think Hitchens is about there.

If we can get 4 years of use out of Hitchens then basically trade him in for what we paid on the lot, that's not bad.

Archived