Lions hire D-Line coach Bo Davis

X_Factor_40

Lions hire D-Line coach Bo Davis, who will work with A'Shawn Robinson again

bo-davis-alcomjpg-d0e22aa7c5a8b417.jpg

The Lions hired Bo Davis, Marcus Davenport's defensive line coach from the University of Texas-San Antonio, to the same position on their staff, the team announced Friday. He'll assume the same position on Matt Patricia's first staff in Detroit.

Davis spent just the one season at UTSA. He's also coached defensive lines at the University of Alabama under Nick Saban from 2007-2010 and 2014-2015, winning two national championships; and at the University of Texas under Mack Brown from 2011-2013.

*Davis NFL spent 2006 as an assistant defensive line coach with the Dolphins.

*Davis Spent 2016 as an intern with the Jaguars.

He has a great background at the college level and has worked with some top talent over the years.
Any thoughts on the hire?

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

All these hires are meh to me

We shall see though

This is kind of how I feel.  It feels like a lot of journeyman that have worked the same job in multiple places.  It seems like if this guy was so great at developing D Lineman he would not have been at UTSA in the same position and an intern in 16.  It could work out but seems like a lot of throwing darts and hoping to get lucky.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:06 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

This is kind of how I feel.  It feels like a lot of journeyman that have worked the same job in multiple places.  It seems like if this guy was so great at developing D Lineman he would not have been at UTSA in the same position and an intern in 16.  It could work out but seems like a lot of throwing darts and hoping to get lucky.

I think the investigation that lead to him resigning from the job at Alabama had alot to do with him not doing any high profile coaching the last two years. I'm happy to see him jump to the NFL. 

Archived