Congrats from this Buffalo Bills fan

CKS97

As a fan of a team that can relate to what you guys had been going through for years- snakebitten, close but no cigar- I'd just like to say congratulations.

Also:

Thanks for getting Ajayi out of our division, we don't have to face him twice a year now and only once a year every 4 years unless we get a Bills/Eagles Super Bowl

Jason Peters got a ring (A former Bills who was on their 2004 winning team, their closest playoff call until this year and last winning season for a while) and Stephon Gilmore got what he deserved for trying to take the easy way out.

The Bills are no longer the losingest AFC East team in Super Bowls

You did it with Jim Schwartz, who coordinated the best Bills defense we've had in eons in 2014

Your offensive coordinator: Frank Reich, a Bills legend, finally got a SB ring.

You beat the Patriots, a team other teams in that division truly can't stand

But most of all, what you guys did was give the Bills hope.

If you guys- who had a long title drought similar to Buffalo's (1965)- can do it, it gives me hope that maybe some day the Bills can join you in the winner's circle.

1 hour ago, furti said:

You forgot to mention Darby... Poor J-Matt, just trying to imagine what he feels... 

(still hope Iggles resign him to a cheap contract during free agency)

If he showed up and played to his draft hype, he wouldn't have been traded. no sympathy here. 

23 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

If he showed up and played to his draft hype, he wouldn't have been traded. no sympathy here. 

you cannot say he was bad. he was flawed, i concur, but he was a player you can easily root for. at least i was able to do that. so i hope he finds back to the nest. 

2 minutes ago, furti said:

you cannot say he was bad. he was flawed, i concur, but he was a player you can easily root for. at least i was able to do that. so i hope he finds back to the nest. 

He couldn't play on the outside which is what we drafted him for and dropped far too many passes for my comfort, especially on key downs. I feel like he was a reason Nelson struggled so much. Now hes gone, Nelson is thriving 

20 minutes ago, furti said:

He was solid. But I'll say what I said when we traded him, it'll open up snaps for Aggy who is far more dynamic than J-Matt and frankly it was a move, if not made, fails to win the SB. Nelson was a huge part of the offense this year and in the post season. 

4 minutes ago, furti said:

he never got the opportunity to play on the outside. he could do what torrey did on the outside, i do not have any doubts about that. for the fraction of smith's price. 

He could drop passes like Smith sure, but nah he didn't have the ability to get down the field like Smith. I remember last year when Doug first got here, he put Matthews on the outside for a couple weeks of practice and then moved him right back inside. 

3 minutes ago, furti said:

he never got the opportunity to play on the outside. he could do what torrey did on the outside, i do not have any doubts about that. for the fraction of smith's price. 

Two coaching regimes gave him looks on the outside. He can't play there. At least not effectively. He hasn't the speed to play on the outside. He's just a skinny TE. Smith although not a speed demon is entirely better suited to play on the outside. 

Mathews was a product of a stale offense keeping it safe. He was force fed and his stats reflected that. Dude does nothing special. He's a great guy and a solid football player. But he shouldn't be nothing more than a sub package guy. 

Archived