Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

18 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Who are some of the top FA out? Also I feel like our offseason is going to be pretty boring. Don't need any Free Agents and have limited draft picks. Unless Foles is traded and we get a haul.

I’m not sure about too FA but I agree about this off-season being a bit boring compared to last year.

I think a Foles trade would make things exciting. 

A few other trade candidate too. Vinny Curry jumps out as a player who might get moved.

Seems like an important offseason in setting up a long sustained run.

"I think Vaitai... they were able to compensate for him a little bit.

I'm not sure in an ideal world you would say he's my left tackle. But, they were able to with their scheme and their tactics to camouflage that a bit."

- Greg Cosell on the Eagles Eye In The Sky Podcast with Fran Duffy

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ive hit a crossroads on whether they should let Bradham walk or not and what happens with Jason Peters.

I would keep him.

As a back-up swing tackle that can play in a pinch and do an acceptable job I really like Vaitai.

That is not a knock on Big V at all. That is a valuable piece on a team. I mean just look at how the Cowboys o-line crumbled when they didn't have a good back-up tackle to plug in.

Peters would be a boost to our o-line if he is able to recover fully and it would not surprise me for that to happen even at 36 years old since he's a freak.

I know you can say "cut/trade Peters and draft a tackle in the first round", but then you have Vaitai who is a definite downgrade from a healthy Peters and a rookie who you can't be sure will be ready, so if Vaitai's play falters or if one of the starters get hurt it really will put us between a rock and a hard place.

4 hours ago, Blahman88 said:

Cut Celek, Smith, possibly Curry or Long (one of the two)

Long is only making 2.3 million which for his play/production is a bargain. No way we should cut him.

Curry is getting paid a lot, but is coming off his best season and we'll have to take a pretty significant hit dead money wise that I'm not sure its worth it. This one is tough.

Celek absolutely has to go. I love the guy, but his time has come. Hopefully he retires and doesn't force us to cut him.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Long is only making 2.3 million which for his play/production is a bargain. No way we should cut him.

Curry is getting paid a lot, but is coming off his best season and we'll have to take a pretty significant hit dead money wise that I'm not sure its worth it. This one is tough.

Celek absolutely has to go. I love the guy, but his time has come. Hopefully he retires and doesn't force us to cut him.

If they designate Curry a June 1st cut the dead money hit isn't as bad and they'll get like 8 mill back

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

"I think Vaitai... they were able to compensate for him a little bit.

I'm not sure in an ideal world you would say he's my left tackle. But, they were able to with their scheme and their tactics to camouflage that a bit."

- Greg Cosell on the Eagles Eye In The Sky Podcast with Fran Duffy

I would keep him.

As a back-up swing tackle that can play in a pinch and do an acceptable job I really like Vaitai.

That is not a knock on Big V at all. That is a valuable piece on a team. I mean just look at how the Cowboys o-line crumbled when they didn't have a good back-up tackle to plug in.

Peters would be a boost to our o-line if he is able to recover fully and it would not surprise me for that to happen even at 36 years old since he's a freak.

I know you can say "cut/trade Peters and draft a tackle in the first round", but then you have Vaitai who is a definite downgrade from a healthy Peters and a rookie who you can't be sure will be ready, so if Vaitai's play falters or if one of the starters get hurt it really will put us between a rock and a hard place.

It is easy to say keep Peters and keep Curry but the easy cuts Celek and Smith barely get the Eagles back to zero. You can do a couple restructures but that might get you to 10 or 12 mill. Hard to really play with that if you want to get much accomplished in offseason

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@TheRealMcCoy. Who would you rather have on the team next year: Nigel Bradham or Jason Peters? 

I think this one is easy and that's Peters. 

Bradham was great this year but I think you can mask a liability at LB better than at LT. 

Bradham is a good player but I want to make sure LT is solid over making sure LB is solid.

Archived