Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

I figure that if the Eagles are moving Graham, they're getting at least a 1st round pick for him. Right?

At least? No

A first would be amazing, but I don't think you can demand that even for a player as good as Graham. 

He is turning 30 next month and only has 1 year remaining on his deal.

If we floated him out there, then I think we could get some good offers, but a first rounder is steep. Not to mention the 49ers have a high 1st round pick at 9th overall.

The problem is their 2nd rounder is pretty low at 59th overall since they traded their 2nd to the Patriots for Jimmy G.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

At least? No

A first would be amazing, but I don't think you can demand that even for a player as good as Graham. 

He is turning 30 next month and only has 1 year remaining on his deal.

If we floated him out there, then I think we could get some good offers, but a first rounder is steep. Not to mention the 49ers have a high 1st round pick at 9th overall.

The problem is their 2nd rounder is pretty low at 59th overall since they traded their 2nd to the Patriots for Jimmy G.

I think if they offered us 70 and 74 for him I'd do it. 

It sucks be yea Brex is seemingly “expendable” now.

It could be a thing where nobody is biting on Curry, or just waiting til he gets cut, but are initiating on the Graham discussions at a tempting price.

I hate it on the surface, but oh well ...

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

It sucks be yea Brex is seemingly “expendable” now.

It could be a thing where nobody is biting on Curry, or just waiting til he gets cut, but are initiating on the Graham discussions at a tempting price.

I hate it on the surface, but oh well ...

Brex is also a 7 million dollar cap savings so that has to be taken into account. but still you dont give away one of the best pass rushers in the league for nothing. 

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Don't see how Bennett makes Graham expendable. Bennett is a locker room cancer and an aging and declining player on a short term deal. Graham should be a priority to this team.

The only way graham is expendable is if the eagles think Barnett takes a step forward. 

2 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Don't see how Bennett makes Graham expendable. Bennett is a locker room cancer and an aging and declining player on a short term deal. Graham should be a priority to this team.

How is he a cancer?

its a for this year thing. Bennett, Barnett, Vinny and Long won’t be all that much different than last year. 

I don’t like it, but it’s not hurting them too much this year. I think this is what the new norm for DEs will be. Draft a top guy occasionally, and get mercenaries. Invest heavier at DT long term. Preparing for a post “Carson being the highest paid player in the history of the league “ world.

10 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Am I missing something? Or are people speculating that graham might be gone just because bennett joined? Either way graham's not leaving lol.

Ive heard "there are whispers" from the combine that Graham is available via trade on a few Eagles podcasts etc that i check out

Eagles apparently have to be cap compliant at the start of the new league year. 

Keep in mind that the Torrey Smith trade doesn't occur until after the league year starts. His salary won't come off the books until then. It doesn't help us become cap compliant before the start of the league year.

Archived