Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Dumbed down is a bit harsh. They more catered to his strengths. 

I wouldn't run sweeps for Blount. I wouldn't expect the Eagles to do something that Nick isn't good at. 

Yea dumbed down is harsh. If it was so dumbed down the defensive masterminds in Mike Zimmer and Bill Belichick may have had an answer for him. 

55 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea dumbed down is harsh. If it was so dumbed down the defensive masterminds in Mike Zimmer and Bill Belichick may have had an answer for him. 

yeah you dont drop 72 on zimmer and belichick because you run a dumb downed offense. 

8 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

How was Patrick Robinson last year for you guys? PFF was high on him and a lot of people have said that he played very well in the slot last year for you guys.

played great in the slot, one of the biggest surprises 

12 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

How was Patrick Robinson last year for you guys? PFF was high on him and a lot of people have said that he played very well in the slot last year for you guys.

played great should be a good pick up for you guys if he even plays half as good as he did here. 

8 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea. I was just rebutting that he's a just a "run stopping DE". He had 9 sacks in a reserve role that year. He's not a double digit guy but will pressure the QB and be a very good defender. If a team has some extra cash, he's worth it. 

Bennet is ok. It won't be an extreme drop off. He'll take advantage of playing on that line, just like Curry did. 

I think he very clearly regressed as a pass rusher from his 9 sack season and he improved greatly as a run defender. There is a reason he was taken off the field on 3rd downs, because he isn't that good of a pass rusher anymore. 

7 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I think he very clearly regressed as a pass rusher from his 9 sack season and he improved greatly as a run defender. There is a reason he was taken off the field on 3rd downs, because he isn't that good of a pass rusher anymore. 

You say "anymore" like he's 35. He's still a decent pass rusher. They just asked him to stay home more often. If he had the opportunity to turn lose every play like Long or Barnett, he would have had better sack numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

The only reason people are talking any smack on Nick Foles is because of his year with the QB Killer.

7-9-Jeff-Fisher-Meme-e1473764224526.jpg

The Chiefs dumped him too though, so it's like not he was impressing anyone in KC either. 

Archived