Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

Just now, Eagles27 said:

Well the reaction to trading for Bennett wasn't 100% positive. (see the thread on here)  But the main difference is that he could be an impact player, so he may be worth whatever distraction he may or may not bring.

Reid is nothing special. Even if the risk he brings is small or possibly not existent; it's entirely unnecessary.

He may not be a special talent, but he'd help this team. He can play in the box and both safety spots. That's the kind of player we should target as a backup. 

I like Eric Reid as a player and while I generally (and really almost always) agree with the players who speak out and are advocates, I can't really support him speaking out right now about not being signed already. 

1) He isn't some All Pro talent that teams are going to be busting down the door to sign. 2) There is a better FA at his position in Tyrann Mathieu who has not signed yet. 3) There is a much better player at his position who is available via trade in Earl Thomas.

Complaining about not being signed right now and using the excuse of speaking out at this point strikes me as misguided at best. It just undermines a lot of what you're speaking out for if you immediately fall to that as a crutch. 

I don't really care about whether or not we sign him but I do agree with those who say that Reid and Jenkins have clearly demonstrated differences in how they approach these issues. I can't ever imagine Jenkins complaining about not being signed less than a week into the new league year about not being signed.

I'm dying inside I must of refreshed all my eagles news sites 1000x if not more the last few days. I really want some kind of WR and a RB/TE. Whatever one of the 2 outta 3 we can try to draft that position if it's bpa.

I'd take like a Mike Wallace and any rb depth. Wanted McKinnon but figured he'd get paid and he did. I'll be more then happy bringing back sproles. 

6 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Reid and Jenkins had a "disagreement" when it came Player's coalition and how those meetings with owners went. 

The media pushed that as if it was a personal schism. 

Yea to me that'd be a hurdle if you tried to sign Reid...the team proved last year social active players don't equal distraction, and can actually be great PR for your team if people like how they are going about it.

But the Reid/Malcolm thing might not work...or at least would need to be discussed.
A lot of people in the Kaep/Reid camp were pretty against Malcolm's more even keeled approach.
Didn't like that he wasn't more angry and unmoving on certain things.

But these are grown men, sure they could work it out.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Eric Reid is a good young player....who hasn't even gotten a sniff in FA. If you don't think his political issues have contributed to that, that's pretty naive. 

I'd wait another month or two before we started saying the political issues are why

Could it be an issue? Sure. But we don't know that yet because the safety market has been crawling along:

- Morgan Burnett hasn't signed

- Kenny Vacarro hasn't signed

- Teams are trying to trade for Earl Thomas

Reid certainly has value and should get signed. But the market is still moving. I can see why teams are waiting on him and other safeties as well

47 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I'd wait another month or two before we started saying the political issues are why

Could it be an issue? Sure. But we don't know that yet because the safety market has been crawling along:

- Morgan Burnett hasn't signed

- Kenny Vacarro hasn't signed

- Teams are trying to trade for Earl Thomas

Reid certainly has value and should get signed. But the market is still moving. I can see why teams are waiting on him and other safeties as well

Burnett has already been linked to 3 teams since FA began. The Bears and Browns seem to be two if the Pack doesn't bring him back.

Vacarro is coming off of ANOTHER injury and has been underwhelming before that.

Earl Thomas is going to take a boat load to trade for, the Seahawks have made this widely known.

Reid hasn't gotten a single sniff. A 26 year old safety who has played both safety spots with success, and even some LB this past year in a pinch. We can wait a month or two, but I doubt anything changes. 

On 3/16/2018 at 5:29 PM, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'm dying inside I must of refreshed all my eagles news sites 1000x if not more the last few days. I really want some kind of WR and a RB/TE. Whatever one of the 2 outta 3 we can try to draft that position if it's bpa.

I'd take like a Mike Wallace and any rb depth. Wanted McKinnon but figured he'd get paid and he did. I'll be more then happy bringing back sproles. 

Chill out bruh, we the Champs. Everyone else is working trying to be us

24 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

honestly just stay put right how and go into the draft. Anything we aren't comfortable with in training camp we can trade for players to fill holes over the summer. 

Dont forget Eagles picked up Robinson and Blount after the draft last year

Any of yall heard anything about this possible trade between the Eagles and Falcons for Mychal Kendricks?   How has he done for yall and do you think he would do well on a Dan Quinn coached defensive scheme.  Also what kind of compensation do you think he would fetch if we did trade for him. 

Archived