Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's a damn good question. You know what else is a good question? Why is a 66 year old paraplegic on the security staff of an event as chaotic as the Super Bowl. I know there are discrimination laws and what not, but there has to be some sort of common sense clause or something FFS.

Another thing that is bothering me about this is that there is no video, but a cop said he witnessed it...so why didn't the cop do something about it right then?

Just now, JayWood2010 said:

Another thing that is bothering me about this is that there is no video, but a cop said he witnessed it...so why didn't the cop do something about it right then?

I don't doubt that the incident did occur, but the premise of the case, the law being put into practice here, the spirit of the law, the reckless endangerment enabled by the security company. This is asinine.

2 minutes ago, JayWood2010 said:

Now, apparently Bennett's sister has proof with video that bennet is innocent. 

Lawyer doesn't want her to share video on social media.  

Or at least this is what I read on Twitter. 

Here are the tweets from Bennett's sister:

I'm 99% sure this thing is coming out now because Bennett reached some agreement for this not to happen during the 2017 season. If you're a football player you would want this to go down in March rather than November. Don't pay attention to the timing. These things take time, and Bennett is a millionaire. He's not a victim.

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Legally you can't discriminate based on age, gender, or disability. That opens the door to 66 year old paraplegic women serving as security guards at the Super Bowl lol.

Technically, if you list in the job requirements “must be able to stand for up to x hours” you could circumvent discrimantion. 

That being said, from an event management standpoint, having a 66yr old paraplegic could be viewed as a major liability. But on the other hand, she could’ve been in an area that she would not have been a liability and mike Bennett just got lucky. 

Finally, I believe that the PD want to make a statement out of this and they might have blown this out of proportion given his outcry against police in the past. Wouldn’t be the first time PD make stuff personal. 

On 3/23/2018 at 4:15 PM, JayWood2010 said:

Also, isn't required for all police to wear body cameras almost everywhere now in the US?!

On 3/23/2018 at 2:41 PM, Phire said:

Legally you can't discriminate based on age, gender, or disability. That opens the door to 66 year old paraplegic women serving as security guards at the Super Bowl lol.

They also have to be able to perform essential functions of the job.  I understand she probably wasn't security in the sense that we all think that to mean, i.e. her just being a glorified ticket taker/checker, but you'd have to imagine that restraining people would be an essential function of that role with people having access to alcohol and being rowdy.  There should have been actual security or police standing at a restricted entrance/access point along with this person.

On 3/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, jonu62882 said:

They also have to be able to perform essential functions of the job.  I understand she probably wasn't security in the sense that we all think that to mean, i.e. her just being a glorified ticket taker/checker, but you'd have to imagine that restraining people would be an essential function of that role with people having access to alcohol and being rowdy.  There should have been actual security or police standing at a restricted entrance/access point along with this person.

I'd imagine "security guard" is an inflated and exaggerated title for sure. 

2 hours ago, Phire said:

I'd imagine "security guard" is an inflated and exaggerated title for sure. 

I don't think theres much difference between her and the people that stand in front of sections checking tickets to ensure you've got the right seat in terms of job descriptions. There's a clear difference between the guys that come (security) to remove people. So, I think you're definitely right. But that's pretty silly to have her at that one particular location. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I don't think theres much difference between her and the people that stand in front of sections checking tickets to ensure you've got the right seat in terms of job descriptions. There's a clear difference between the guys that come (security) to remove people. So, I think you're definitely right. But that's pretty silly to have her at that one particular location. 

Yeah, but there's probably a little too much emphasis on the "security guard" anyways. It shouldn't matter if the "security guard" is a quadriplegic blind person or Kimbo Slice, you clearly shouldn't be pushing through (allegedly) and anyone would know that. 

27 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah, but there's probably a little too much emphasis on the "security guard" anyways. It shouldn't matter if the "security guard" is a quadriplegic blind person or Kimbo Slice, you clearly shouldn't be pushing through (allegedly) and anyone would know that. 

Absolutely right. It's the dismissing of authority that's the issue. And then the actual bodily harm that ensued. The guy has a clear issue with authority (rightful or not). 

Lurie gighting for a second helmet rule, so the team can have a Kelly Green Alternate. Phillyvoice

"I was just dealing with this yesterday," Lurie said. "I don't know if I mentioned this last year, but the whole key is that we want a Kelly green helmet to go with the Kelly green jerseys. We're trying to get the league to allow a second helmet. That's where it's at, so they very much know we want this and we want it badly, and we're waiting."

Image result for eagles kelly green

Lurie previously said that the hope was that the Eagles could wear Kelly green jerseys by the 2018 season. While he wouldn't rule that out, it seems unlikely.

"I don't know," he said. "As I said, I was on it yesterday, and I'm trying to make progress, and we don't have a game for half a year, so you never know."

Lurie was reluctant to reveal exactly who is thrwarting the Eagles' efforts to add a second color, or the exact objections as to why it's an issue.

"I don't know what entity of the league (is disallowing a second helmet), but in the end it's probably the commissioner. They have to decide if they want to go with a plan to be a two-helmet plan for the NFL, and that's not what we do now. It's a one-helmet league, so there's ramifications in that, I suppose. But they know with the Eagles, it's important to us. We really want to be able to have Kelly green jerseys at times, and to make it look really right, you should have matching helmets.

"You'd have to research with (the NFL) on (their objections). There are a lot teams that don't want that to happen, maybe. Some teams really want it to happen. There are some complications to it, so I'll just leave them to work it out."

let's hope they get it changed...if they do we'd likely see a routinely updated 3rd look. To emulate past uniforms or make something entirely new with the kelly green.
I agree they need a different helmet cause this look would suck...

vick-kelly-midnight-green1.jpg

Archived