Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

What's the BFD? Fans would love an alternate look. More merch, more money. What's to not love? 

They have to feign player safety clinging to that study that got disproven I think.

I think it’ll get overturned soon. Too much money not too.

Think about instead of the usually terrible color rush games if they did Throwback Thursdays. And did a matchup of real throwbacks or faux acme for the newer teams. Nike’s would love that crap. Make the Jags look like they had a throwback from the 60s, Panthers from the 70s etc

*wanders by*

Hmm ... still on the post SB insufferable high ... looks like I need to wait until week one or two of the regular season before I get the Philadelphia Eagles forum I know: the one that will eat its own children in a heartbeat, with a side of GIFs while doing so. :D

Toodles ...

(don't mind me, I'm here way late at work, on lack of sleep and just being silly)

37 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They have to feign player safety clinging to that study that got disproven I think.

I think it’ll get overturned soon. Too much money not too.

Think about instead of the usually terrible color rush games if they did Throwback Thursdays. And did a matchup of real throwbacks or faux acme for the newer teams. Nike’s would love that crap. Make the Jags look like they had a throwback from the 60s, Panthers from the 70s etc

Why not both?

1 hour ago, Woz said:

*wanders by*

Hmm ... still on the post SB insufferable high ... looks like I need to wait until week one or two of the regular season before I get the Philadelphia Eagles forum I know: the one that will eat its own children in a heartbeat, with a side of GIFs while doing so. :D

Toodles ...

(don't mind me, I'm here way late at work, on lack of sleep and just being silly)

dont worry, the second wentz throws a pick at least one person will say "foles wouldn't have"

6 hours ago, Woz said:

*wanders by*

Toodles ...

This forum doesnt know what to do with itself with happy Eagles fans. It has upset the ecosystem 

15 hours ago, Daimonas said:

dont worry, the second wentz throws a pick at least one person will say "foles wouldn't have"

I'm not sure FF can wait that long ...

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This forum doesnt know what to do with itself with happy Eagles fans. It has upset the ecosystem 

WELL FIX IT DANGNABBIT!! You guys are supposed to be miserable and sniping each other all the time!! :D

16 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

If they aren’t in the bikini calendar we riot 

don’t see what’s wrong with it, who cares. If they are trained dancers they probably are better at half of the cheerleaders in the league anyway.

I do not condone this little "rivalry" with the Rams. We are the MF'n Super Bowl champions, and we beat them in their rent-a-stadium with our backup QB (...before he reached his final form). They haven't even won a single playoff game under their new regime, just because they knocked the offseason out the park on paper doesn't mean squat to me. They are not worth thinking about... at least not yet. Very could be though, we'll see.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I do not condone this little "rivalry" with the Rams. We are the MF'n Super Bowl champions, and we beat them in their rent-a-stadium with our backup QB (...before he reached his final form). They haven't even won a single playoff game under their new regime, just because they knocked the offseason out the park on paper doesn't mean squat to me. They are not worth thinking about... at least not yet. Very could be though, we'll see.

Don't mind giving them credit, but yea they have a lot to prove this year.
They need Goff to step up more (which I think will be a narrative we and everyone needs to get used to)
Defense Needs to gel
McVay has room to improve and we'll see how teams come after him with an offseason of study next year.
It's not bias, it's just a fact that we've seen those one and dones before.

They need to beat good teams more often...Kirk Cousins was probably the only person that criticism hits harder against.
I don't care about calls or bad play calling for parts of the games...that all counts, they didn't theoretically beat the Vikings and the Eagles last year.
The amount of times I've heard something like that is pathetic. Win the game or shut up.

We need rivals, it pushes the team further...I love that the Rams are dream teaming.
Cause you got the Carson Wentz training like a madman to return, for the Super Bowl champions...who just went through being counted out by everyone and won anyway.
Now the media is gonna anoint a team that hasn't done anything? 

Gonna be a fun year

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

9847205-large.jpg

Im with you on that @Kiltman

Personally, I very much enjoy seeing the Rams become the darlings of the NFL off season. As already pointed out, does anyone remember a team (Pats dont count) who was the "offseason champ" actually win anything?

Look at the Raiders after that huge 13-3 or what ever season. They were supposed to dominate the league in 2017. Same with the Giants. Oops.

Were the SB champs, who will be fielding a roster arguably better than the one it had last year. And with our MVP caliber QB able to take his time coming back from his ACL, because we have the actual Super Bowl MVP holding things down until Carson is fully ready. Can you think of any team that has that kind of luxury? Or ever has, honestly? 

Green Bay and Houston, for instance, are in the position of basically needing their QBs to be ready day 1 and cant afford to lose them to anything really. I love that our FO is smart enough to know just how truly valuable it is to have Foles this season, because its such a rare and unique situation to be in. It's insane how people think a freaking 2nd round pick is more valuable than that (or even a first, depending on if its top 10 or not though to be fair). 

People have already seemingly forgotten about Wentz and just how remarkable his season was. 

I mean, that idiot Daniel Jeremiah had the balls to say that Sam "Fat Face" Darnold is by far a better QB than Wentz. Even morons like Michael Lombardi literally laughed at that. 

I hope the Rams go and trade the house for Beckham. Unfortunately I think Les Snead is too smart of a GM to do that. They have so much money that theyre going to have to give out in the next year or two. Not a single key young player for them has ever been extended. And they obviously have been unable to resign their guys early like we always seem to do. Just look at what happened with Watkins. Just saying, but despite what Rams homers might try and say, their team WANTED Watkins back badly. They traded a young, talented CB and a valuable pick for him for god sake. And its not like us with Darby, where we now have almost too many corners. The Rams literally have Robert Woods and Cooper "Overrated White Receiver Who Secretly Isnt Good" Kupp as their only two WRs who are worth mentioning. Their failure to resign Watkins mid season on a cheaper deal is going to hurt them. I dont get how people just ignore that the Rams offense is literally now just Gurley and McVay (Goff isnt even the 2nd most important guy on that team IYAM). Beckham would definitely make their offense better because duh.

But there are so many other factors at play and also, ill end my rant here btw, lets not forget about that locker room culture. I know i know Wade Phillips guys! You think Suh is gonna come to LA, meet Wade, and be like "Alright sir, despite my long long history of doing moronic things in games which affect my team negatively, now that youre my coach Im just gonna stop stomping dudes, or choking them, and definitely no more nut-kicks sir. Im a changed man!". Please. That locker room, IMO, is a possible ticking time bomb. Rams fans just sweep it under the rug but weve all seen how important team chemistry is (I actually talked to Trey a lot about that). The Rams are taking the gamble on these guys. Peters is my favorite CB in the league in terms of pure talent. But why does no one seem to remember that they only got him because the Chiefs were literally so fed up with this guy that they gave him away for a bag of doritos. And there were only 2 teams even interested! I love Peters the player. But there has to be more to him than we know in terms of his attitude and how he might secretly be a cancer. But dont worry guys, Talib will mentor him. ? 

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest. Rams fans can have their offseason championship. And also, please keep making big headlines, Snead. I want our team to somehow go even more under the radar 

I agree. We're the Super Bowl Champions. We have as many rings as the Rams. If you include the pre-SB era, we have more. They're not even on our level. They haven't been relevant for almost two decades. They're almost like the Cowboys at this point.

Archived