Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

I don't even really think cutting Peters is an option. He was playing at an extremely high level before he got hurt. No way you can just cut a hall of fame caliber LT like Peters when he's playing at the level he's playing at. Regardless of how old he is. 

17 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Because......because....things cost money?

Do you not know how money works? (I know you do I'm just being a turd before you get bent out of shape)

But, if we designate him as a post June 1st cut then none of that money is available until June 2nd.

Free agency starts in March and pretty much everyone will already be signed by then.

The post June 1st cut is pretty much used as a way for teams to make room to sign their draft class.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

But, if we designate him as a post June 1st cut then none of that money is available until June 2nd?

Ok so you use the 3 million you save to sign your draft picks rather than having to set that money aside and not spend it during FA. You still get an extra 3 million to play with which is big for a team that is in the red

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok so you use the 3 million you save to sign your draft picks rather than having to set that money aside and not spend it during FA. You still get an extra 3 million to play with which is big for a team that is in the red

I don't think you understand.

It's not just the extra few million that we would receive that isn't available until June 2nd.

We also don't receive the money we would get if we didn't designate him as a post June 1st cut either until that date.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think you understand.

It's not just the extra few million that we would receive that isn't available until June 2nd.

We also don't receive the money we would get if we didn't designate him as a post June 1st cut either until that date.

Just looked it up via OTC and you are right.

hmmmm interesting. I thought the point of designating him a June 1 cut was that he gets treated like a June 1 cut immediately and the money becomes available.

At least that's how it has worked in the mocks I've done. I guess I've been taking advantage of a loophole in the system by doing that. Didn't realize thought. I that case, Peters is a definite stay and I'd still trade Curry and try and get a pick and open up 5 million.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Just looked it up via OTC and you are right.

hmmmm interesting. I thought the point of designating him a June 1 cut was that he gets treated like a June 1 cut immediately and the money becomes available.

At least that's how it has worked in the mocks I've done. I guess I've been taking advantage of a loophole in the system by doing that. Didn't realize thought. I that case, Peters is a definite stay and I'd still trade Curry and try and get a pick and open up 5 million.

Trust me I was confused about it too until I read more on it a couple years ago.

And, the bolded is fair. I think I would add the caveat that I would keep Curry if we can't get a decent pick for him.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Trust me I was confused about it too until I read more on it a couple years ago.

And, the bolded is fair. I think I would add the caveat that I would keep Curry if we can't get a decent pick for him.

What do you consider a decent pick?

I have a tough time keeping Curry no matter what. There is so little wiggle room in this roster to find money

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What do you consider a decent pick?

I have a tough time keeping Curry no matter what. There is so little wiggle room in this roster to find money

curry is a good player that you dont just give away I wouldnt take anything below 4th round value. 

I appreciate all that Peters has done, but looking more and more at our cap situation, we need to move on from him especially given that he's coming off of injury. Big V is playing well enough.

What did catch me off guard is that cutting Pumphrey and Gibson doesn't save us any money? Looking at their numbers I thought it would. Smallwood also saves us basically nothing. Oh I get it, Top 51 has someone else bumped up into it.

Who are some candidates to potentially restructure. Could that be an option for Curry? Jenkins?

I read Cox could be "restructured" converting this base salary to a signing bonus saves 8-9 mil. 

I'm choosing Peters over Bradham, you can post June 1 cut Peters then resign him to a team friendly deal. Let him go out his way. 

I would also look into trading 32 with the idea they take Curry as part of the deal. 

32/Curry for a 3rd and a first in 2019 or something like that. 

Archived