Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

6 minutes ago, 808 said:

Per Chris Jortensen, Eagles are seeking more compensation for Foles than they got for Sammy Sleeves (1st and a 4th). 

As we should. We are putting Wentz on a very ugly situation by trading Nick. So the reward better be worth the risk.

I can’t tell if the “we really love Nate” sentiment that Doug and Howie eluded to at the combine PCs is legit or a smokescreen. But at this point, we have to trust them. If they feel Nate is ready to be Carson’s direct backup, then I’m riding with it no questions asked. I was nervous of dealing Foles at first, and still think we’ll have trouble getting the assets we want in return, but I’m not going to be mad if we trade Nicky Nine for the right value. Howie and Doug have earned my blind and unwavering support. 

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Dark horse is the Dolphins

Make sense. Its probably team outside the top 10 who needs a qb  and think the cost of trading for Foles is better than how much they have to give up to get in the top 5 for a qb. And one that doesnt have the cap/desire to dump a truckload of money for 7-9 Kirk.

Dolphins, Bills, Cards

I think it's bad business that Howie is telling teams they are looking for more than the Bradford haul. Just because he ripped off the Vikings doesn't mean he should be telling teams he intends on ripping them off too. I mean, your value is only what people will pay and I get Minny was in desperation mode but that's a stout stand on Nick's value. I gotta think that turns teams towards the draft. Might as well use your first for a young QB than trade it and then some for Nick. My approach would be future assets. Nick for a 2019 1st? Lessens the blow this year and we still get a good deal. 

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think it's bad business that Howie is telling teams they are looking for more than the Bradford haul. Just because he ripped off the Vikings doesn't mean he should be telling teams he intends on ripping them off too. I mean, your value is only what people will pay and I get Minny was in desperation mode but that's a stout stand on Nick's value. I gotta think that turns teams towards the draft. Might as well use your first for a young QB than trade it and then some for Nick. My approach would be future assets. Nick for a 2019 1st? Lessens the blow this year and we still get a good deal. 

I think Howie knows what he's doing when it comes to trades.

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

uh you always ask high and then meet in the middle. I mean once cousins signs with the vikings. Denver, the Jets, Arizona and Buffalo are kind of on the outside looking in.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

You're right, terrible idea to get as much as possible for a player B|.

I mean if you are a team like the Bills and you can't get a decent QB in FA, would you rather trade up to get an unknown and use both your firsts plus more or trade one 1st and a 4th for Foles? Because one of those top QB's isn't falling to them.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

The amount of teams we had ripped off with QB trades in the past few years is astounding. What’s one more rip off gonna do?

Isn't it a little silly to think grown, professional men go into negotiations with such elementary tactics? 

I want a 1st and 4th.

We'll give you just the 4th. 

I want a 2nd. 

We'll give you a 3rd. 

Ok. 

Its not just as simple as I start high and you counter low and we'll meet in the middle. 

I think teams grade out guys, just like in the draft and give them a value and either you can meet that value with a trade or you can't. And telling teams Nick's value is that high, tactics or not, is scaring teams into other options. 

Lets be real, is Nick worth a 1st and 4th? I don't think so. A 2nd is real good value for a fringe starter. He's very system dependent. I think you take the 2nd, but as you guys eluded to, I trust him to get as much as possible. Of course I think he knows what he's doing. Just hope he's not limiting his options with his demands. 

Archived