Jump to content

Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)


Recommended Posts

It's news and the question must be asked; Sherman being released Friday. Any interest if he's not too expensive? 

There were rumors we could be trading Darby possibly. Or at least that's what you could derive from that rumor. His injury would be a pretty big concern. And, IMO, he wasn't playing at the level he was accustomed to this past year. But he still has that reputation and sometimes that's all you need for a QB to look another way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It's news and the question must be asked; Sherman being released Friday. Any interest if he's not too expensive? 

There were rumors we could be trading Darby possibly. Or at least that's what you could derive from that rumor. His injury would be a pretty big concern. And, IMO, he wasn't playing at the level he was accustomed to this past year. But he still has that reputation and sometimes that's all you need for a QB to look another way. 

I think CB is a position you want to stay young at. I love Sherman but his age and injury is not the best combo. We have Rasul and Jones ready to take over, I think we'll be fine without em. Plus, a dominant DL allows someone like Jalen Mills to start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Some pretty big cuts potentially still to come:

Richard Sherman

Tyrann Mathieu

Ndamukong Suh (odds increased after Landry signed his franchise tag tender)

Microscopic chance of us being able to bring aboard any of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno man. Apparently there are reports that Tavon Austin wants to play here. 

When youre the lead wagon, everyone wants on. 

Guys might just start coming here for cheap like those guys did in the Pats' heyday for some jewelry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I dunno man. Apparently there are reports that Tavon Austin wants to play here. 

When youre the lead wagon, everyone wants on. 

Guys might just start coming here for cheap like those guys did in the Pats' heyday for some jewelry. 

lol maybe if he takes the vet minimum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Danger said:

lol maybe if he takes the vet minimum. 

I'd think for some guys you'd adjust some of your roster for. Maybe yesterday a player is safe. Things change, today he's expendable or tradeable or releasable. Howie's got money he can free up if need be. But these guys have to make sense. Any of the names above would be pure luxury. But as @Phire eluded too and had I in the past, you have to strike while Carson is on this contract. We have this year and next year to really jam the roster with talent before he's resigned and can afford such luxuries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OVERVIEW

This Philadelphia native finished his career on a strong note, giving him the confidence to enter the NFL draft as a true junior. He garnered first-team All-Big 12 honors after finishing among the nation's leaders with six interceptions and 12 pass breakups. He also made 49 tackles and forced two fumbles on the year, even though he didn't play in the Cactus Bowl with the team due to academic issues. Worley had led the team the previous year with three interceptions (also with 52 tackles, 4.5 for loss, four breakups), but faced trouble during the season. He was accused of assaulting a woman outside a nightclub in September, eventually pled no contest and received a six-month suspended sentence for his actions, which he said were in defense of his girlfriend. Worley missed two games due to a suspension. As a true freshman, Worley made his presence known on defense and special teams, starting five games, making 45 tackles, intercepting one pass, and breaking up five others.

 

PRO DAY RESULTS

 
40-yard dash: 4.54 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

 Has height and arm length that every secondary coach loves. Instinctive and willing to operate outside of his zone. Won't lose the 50/50 battle very often. Sits down on receivers when ball is in the air and uses well-timed leap and outstanding hands to break it up or take it away. Credited with 12 pass breakups and six interceptions last season. Stellar reactive quickness with hands to pluck interceptions after undercutting routes. Redirects receivers with aggressive shoves. Decent finisher as tackler.

WEAKNESSES

 Doesn't have the loose hips or fluid feet to mirror and match in man coverage. The more layered the route, the more separation allowed. Passive in bail coverage allowing significant throwing run underneath. At times becomes pre­occupied with the vertical chase and fails to find deep ball headed his way. Would like to see more aggression from him play after play. Sits and waits in run support. Doesn't use size to overpower blockers and get into running backs early.

DRAFT PROJECTION

 Rounds 5 or 6

NFL COMPARISON

 Tray Walker

BOTTOM LINE

 Worley has excellent ball skills, but lacks the agility and hips to maintain his feel for receivers underneath. A move to a defense that employs more press and trail technique should benefit him and teams looking for range and instincts could try him at free safety. Worley's traits make him worthy of a Day 3 draft selection, but his success may be tied to his scheme fit.
Link to post
Share on other sites

PFF has him graded poorly if that means anything to you. We were releasing Torey anyway. At worst, this is a no risk try out. Good move. 

Appreciate Torey and that SB though. Hope he squeezes a little more money out of the NFL. He's a good dude but am fine moving on from the player. Not exactly confident Hollins steps right in though. Still would like them to add speed to the WR corps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

OVERVIEW

This Philadelphia native finished his career on a strong note, giving him the confidence to enter the NFL draft as a true junior. He garnered first-team All-Big 12 honors after finishing among the nation's leaders with six interceptions and 12 pass breakups. He also made 49 tackles and forced two fumbles on the year, even though he didn't play in the Cactus Bowl with the team due to academic issues. Worley had led the team the previous year with three interceptions (also with 52 tackles, 4.5 for loss, four breakups), but faced trouble during the season. He was accused of assaulting a woman outside a nightclub in September, eventually pled no contest and received a six-month suspended sentence for his actions, which he said were in defense of his girlfriend. Worley missed two games due to a suspension. As a true freshman, Worley made his presence known on defense and special teams, starting five games, making 45 tackles, intercepting one pass, and breaking up five others.

 

PRO DAY RESULTS

 
40-yard dash: 4.54 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

 Has height and arm length that every secondary coach loves. Instinctive and willing to operate outside of his zone. Won't lose the 50/50 battle very often. Sits down on receivers when ball is in the air and uses well-timed leap and outstanding hands to break it up or take it away. Credited with 12 pass breakups and six interceptions last season. Stellar reactive quickness with hands to pluck interceptions after undercutting routes. Redirects receivers with aggressive shoves. Decent finisher as tackler.

WEAKNESSES

 Doesn't have the loose hips or fluid feet to mirror and match in man coverage. The more layered the route, the more separation allowed. Passive in bail coverage allowing significant throwing run underneath. At times becomes pre­occupied with the vertical chase and fails to find deep ball headed his way. Would like to see more aggression from him play after play. Sits and waits in run support. Doesn't use size to overpower blockers and get into running backs early.

DRAFT PROJECTION

 Rounds 5 or 6

NFL COMPARISON

 Tray Walker

BOTTOM LINE

 Worley has excellent ball skills, but lacks the agility and hips to maintain his feel for receivers underneath. A move to a defense that employs more press and trail technique should benefit him and teams looking for range and instincts could try him at free safety. Worley's traits make him worthy of a Day 3 draft selection, but his success may be tied to his scheme fit.

Sounds like a worse Rasul Douglas.

I wonder if they like him in the Jaylen Watkins/Corey Graham type role of a depth CB/S?

Edited by EaglesPeteC
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eagles18 said:

he looks like a training camp body

I mean he was a starter for an NFL team last year, so I think he is more than a camp body, but don't expect much more than depth. 

He's Jaylen Watkins essentially.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...