Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

3 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

I'm a lot more comfortable with letting Bradham go now than I was 2 months ago. As others have said Peters is a HOF tackle still playing at that level. I don't see why we cut him. 

Do you honestly expect him to keep playing that way coming off a major knee injury at 36 years old? I don't care if this is a future hot take, I just don't see it. Nobody respects Big V, I've been the only one who's supported him strong. SMH

Just now, Danger said:

Do you honestly expect him to keep playing that way coming off a major knee injury at 36 years old? I don't care if this is a future hot take, I just don't see it. Nobody respects Big V, I've been the only one who's supported him strong. SMH

I do yes. Far more often than not players come back from knee injuries as good as they were before. The fact his body is 36 years old has nothing to do with it. Everyones different and he looked like a 26 year old last year so I have no reason to suspect he wont again. If he sucks then we've got big V. Great situation. 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Nobody respects Big V, I've been the only one who's supported him strong. SMH

I think Big V has garnered respect. He certainly improved in year 2, but his balance may always be an issue. Like he gets bull rushed back into the QB a lot and still will have trouble against speed rushers. Also, look at this Cosell quote I posted on the first page of this thread.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:21 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

"I think Vaitai... they were able to compensate for him a little bit.

I'm not sure in an ideal world you would say he's my left tackle. But, they were able to with their scheme and their tactics to camouflage that a bit."

- Greg Cosell on the Eagles Eye In The Sky Podcast with Fran Duffy

I'm not sure how much help we gave Vaitai, but we definitely simplified reads with Foles a bit and he therefore got the ball out quicker.

Our o-line with Peters could give Wentz a ton of time back there. Not sure that's the case with Big V.

Don't get me wrong I'm still a fan of Vaitai, but think of him more as our swing tackle which is an important depth piece as we saw this year.

Not many teams have two competent tackles.... let alone three of them.

4 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I feel like people forget how many times Jason Peters has come back from a major injury just as good or better.

Yeah, dude is a freak. I'm not doubting him.

I also think he deserves a chance to come back after all the years he's done for our team. 

Would be pretty mad if we kicked him to the curb before letting him get closer to fully healed.

The London game is gonna be Jaguars and Eagles. What a great match-up for all the British Eagles fans to go see.

Will be Ajayi's 3rd game back home in London as a pro in 4 seasons. He previously played there as a rookie against the Jets as a rookie and last year against the Saints.

Not looking forward to having to wake up super early as someone on the west coast though.

I wonder if Howie will be looking for in the draft guys that can contribute in some capacity right away(seemed like this was the case last year) or would he do the andy reid thing and try to fill future needs.

If Peters comes back and Vaitai is your swing guy I don't think it makes any sense for a team trying to win it all again to take an OL in the first round. 

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think Big V has garnered respect. He certainly improved in year 2, but his balance may always be an issue. Like he gets bull rushed back into the QB a lot and still will have trouble against speed rushers. Also, look at this Cosell quote I posted on the first page of this thread.

I'm not sure how much help we gave Vaitai, but we definitely simplified reads with Foles a bit and he therefore got the ball out quicker.

Our o-line with Peters could give Wentz a ton of time back there. Not sure that's the case with Big V.

Don't get me wrong I'm still a fan of Vaitai, but think of him more as our swing tackle which is an important depth piece as we saw this year.

Not many teams have two competent tackles.... let alone three of them.

Meh every OL gets help every now and then. If the guy they are facing is good it makes no sense for opposing teams to not chip. I mean look at your defense both ends were getting chipped regularly all year. 

Archived