Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

29 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Gonna really suck to see Trey leave (if he does, because Im not sure if he will).

He wouldnt tell me via text but i saw him when he came down to FL to do some camp for kids and we talked about it and he seems to really think hes staying in Philly from when we spoke for a bit. 

Bradhams all but gone. Someone like LA or NY will give him an offer we cant. 

But Robinson was arguably the best addition last season on defense from the 2017 off-season. Without him, Im not sure we win it all

Trey is gone. There is no hope there.

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Trey is gone. There is no hope there.

Why?

Assuming Celeks gone, that gives us money toward Trey.

And anyway i am just telling you what Trey literally said to me when we talked alone face to face for like 5 or so minutes. 

24 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Why?

Assuming Celeks gone, that gives us money toward Trey.

And anyway i am just telling you what Trey literally said to me when we talked alone face to face for like 5 or so minutes. 

K.....but he's not coming back. Some team is paying him way more than the Eagles can. 

It’s not often that an up-and-coming player takes a “hometown” discount, and I don’t expect it with Trey Burton either. Would love for Howie to make it happen, but it seems unlikely. 

14 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Am I the only one who´s not a fan of resigning P-Rob?

I think he did great last year, but we have so may young promising CBs that I don´t want us spending money on the position to an older player when we have more than enough talent there. 

I think its insurance more than anything, it also allows the young guys to watch and learn. I mean right now none of the young guys got meaningful reps at slot corner. I can't imagine going into defending a title without some experience at that spot. Even if PRob doesn't start 16 as long as we aren't breaking the bank.  

Honestly I'm not that worried about losing Burton. He was easily the best backup TE in the league (at least, the most impactful) but I trust this coaching staff to be able to go out and find those types of guys. We have one of the best staff/personnel departments in the whole damn league. We have Trollsman.

But losing Bradham (if it happens) would suck. That dude was a dog for us. I still remember how he was visibly playing hurt in that Carolina game and he was just making plays sideline to sideline. It's that kind of selfless attitude (Burton has it too) that makes me happy these guys are gonna go out and get rewarded/paid with lucrative contracts. They deserve it. 

No matter who stays or goes, nobody can take that 2017 season or team away from us. I have great solace in that.

15 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Am I the only one who´s not a fan of resigning P-Rob?

I think he did great last year, but we have so may young promising CBs that I don´t want us spending money on the position to an older player when we have more than enough talent there. 

I would expect another foot to drop like is moving one of the other corners.

he played remarkably well in the scheme. If he doesn’t have inflated salary expectations and wants to stay here to be in the scheme that finally has him playing well...I take him.

the way we play we only really need two good LBs...so if Bradham wants to go chase a big contract good for him. Can’t fault him. But we’ll have to make it work With Hicks/Kendricks with probably a draft pick and vet brought in to compete.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I would expect another foot to drop like is moving one of the other corners.

he played remarkably well in the scheme. If he doesn’t have inflated salary expectations and wants to stay here to be in the scheme that finally has him playing well...I take him.

the way we play we only really need two good LBs...so if Bradham wants to go chase a big contract good for him. Can’t fault him. But we’ll have to make it work With Hicks/Kendricks with probably a draft pick and vet brought in to compete.

The name Preston Brown played 1 season under Schwartz in Buffalo could be an option as a Bradham replacement. EDIT he may get more on the open market, but if he wants to win...eh 

Archived