Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

I honestly expected somewhere around 7 Million per year. You were mistaken if you thought no team would offer him more than 5.

What's the guarantee in that? I've stopped putting stock in the per year number seeing as so many FA contracts never reach their conclusion 

I said from the jump I didn’t think we would find a trade partner for Foles. With our boy Sammy Sleeves going to Arz, another QB spot is filled. Foles looks like he’ll be staying with the Eagles; and I love it. 

44 minutes ago, 808 said:

I said from the jump I didn’t think we would find a trade partner for Foles. With our boy Sammy Sleeves going to Arz, another QB spot is filled. Foles looks like he’ll be staying with the Eagles; and I love it. 

We'll see. Only takes one injury. And plus even the teams that are going to draft a young guy, nothing is guranteed. Maybe Buffalo/Jets draft a guy that looks broken mentally in preseason. And there's Nicky, shiny and golden, waiting to play. 

But it's not going to hurt to keep him. And, as I've said before, Howie shooting for the moon, right or not, scared teams off. A first and fourth is crazy compensation. You can't sit down at the table and demand that. 

Edit-just heard its Bridgewater to the Jets. So really only Buffalo remains. 

Archived