Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

I hope we draft a runningback. I mean we signed Clement as an UDFA and look how hes been. 

With the way Doug mixes up the offensive scheme so much in games, we are best off having a RBBC with multiple different guys with versatile / complimentary skillsets. 

Maybe bring in a FA for cheap? But who?

Also...anyone else think we kinda sorta need to get a few WRs?

All we have really is AJ, Agholor, and Hollins atm

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Just saw that, wonder what they offered him. Pretty interesting for both sides. That a team would take back a guy they pretty much deemed a bust just 1 year ago, and that a guy would return to a team where he wasn't very successful.

He was very hit or miss for us. It seems he hit his stride with you guys (congrats on the big win BTW), and now is coming back. Different coaching staff this time for us defensively, and our DC is a secondary guy. Has shown tremendous improvements with the secondary so far. Hoping he keeps it up with us.

P-Rob probably got overpaid, and I don't blame him for taking the money. We couldn't afford to bring him back, with the Bradham deal. 

Not really sad honestly about losing him, we are set at CB. Would have been way more devastating if we lost Bradham.

1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

We came into this season $35 million under the cap, settle those horses there dude xD

How much is left after resigning Brees?

Dont take it so personal. Its not hating its just a fact. NO has consistently been in bad cap situations year to year. 

Even when they signed Jairus Byrd..they had almost no room. And that was a terrible deal

2 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

He was very hit or miss for us. It seems he hit his stride with you guys (congrats on the big win BTW), and now is coming back. Different coaching staff this time for us defensively, and our DC is a secondary guy. Has shown tremendous improvements with the secondary so far. Hoping he keeps it up with us.

The thing is, while the CB's for Philly played well, a lot of that was because of the D-Line creating pressure.  CB's was not a strength for Eagles this year.  It was actually a huge concern going into the year, as PRob in specific was getting beat a ton.

Hopefully PRob continues to play well for NO though.  

Now it looks like Mills or Douglas will take over slot.  Darby and Sidney Jones on the Outside, unless Darby gets traded.  

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

P-Rob probably got overpaid, and I don't blame him for taking the money. We couldn't afford to bring him back, with the Bradham deal. 

Not really sad honestly about losing him, we are set at CB. Would have been way more devastating if we lost Bradham.

Corner is pretty much set. We would have really tbh had too many talented guys if we kept Robinson...Theres only so much snaps to to around and we need to let our young guys play

Just now, BAConrad said:

How much is left after resigning Brees?

Dont take it so personal. Its not hating its just a fact. NO has consistently been in bad cap situations year to year. 

Even when they signed Jairus Byrd..they had almost no room. And that was a terrible deal

Please....PLEASE...don't remind me of the Byrd deal xD From the two things I just read, Brees deal leaves around $13-14 million. Robinson's deal is 4 years, $20 million. $10 million guaranteed, $5 million bonuses.

1 minute ago, JayWood2010 said:

The thing is, while the CB's for Philly played well, a lot of that was because of the D-Line creating pressure.  CB's was not a strength for Eagles this year.  It was actually a huge concern going into the year, as PRob in specific was getting beat a ton.

Hopefully PRob continues to play well for NO though.  

PRob was getting beat?

I assume you mean in training camp?

5 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I hope we draft a runningback. I mean we signed Clement as an UDFA and look how hes been. 

With the way Doug mixes up the offensive scheme so much in games, we are best off having a RBBC with multiple different guys with versatile / complimentary skillsets. 

Maybe bring in a FA for cheap? But who?

Also...anyone else think we kinda sorta need to get a few WRs?

All we have really is AJ, Agholor, and Hollins atm

I wouldn't mind Alfred Blue for cheap Terrence West, Kerwynn Williams

If AP is willing to take the vet min, those single back formations. hmmm 

Just now, Danger said:

I'm not even against Smallwood being the 3rd RB, honestly. 

Eh. I think we absolutely should draft a RB in maybe as early as the 3rd or so round to at least compete. I dont want Smallwood just getting the spot as an incumbent. 

Archived