Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not really interested. He's fallen off in recent years.

Rather draft a receiver and get Hollins some run.

If we're bringing in anyone, I'd prefer Maclin, he can do well in our system, I'm fairly confident in that. I'm not interested in bringing Maclin in on an expensive deal though. 2-3 years at 3-4 Million per depending on the length of the deal.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Eh, We'll see, Peters 1. may not be back 2. may not be back to his old self.
Tyron Smith struggled last season relatively speaking. 

Trent Williams is definitely still better than Solder.

Tyron was great when he was healthy.

Peters definitely is gonna be back this year.

Solder definitely is the 4th best LT if the others are healthy.

Feels like all of our biggest moves in terms of surprise/excitement will have come and gone before the New League Year hit under an hour ago. 

Not that we needed much change for the current best team in the NFL, but breaking Eagles news is always awesome. 

Just now, Danger said:

He's an instant upgrade over Torrey Smith who got 5 Million a season, though not guaranteed. 

Didn't like that contract either, but at least we were able to get out of it after a year.

Maybe for like 3 million on a 1 year deal or 2 year deal where we have a team option again.

1 minute ago, 808 said:

Feels like all of our biggest moves in terms of surprise/excitement will have come and gone before the New League Year hit under an hour ago. 

Not that we needed much change for the current best team in the NFL, but breaking Eagles news is always awesome. 

Also, have to remember that Jernigan and Jeffery's contracts were basically early free agency presents lol.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Didn't like that contract either, but at least we were able to get out of it after a year.

Maybe for like 3 million on a 1 year deal or 2 year deal where we have a team option again.

Yeah the only way I look to bring back Maclin is a low offer with an out after the first year, if it lasts longer than that.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Curry cut
2018 - $5 Million
2019 - $10.5 Million

June1 Curry Cut
2018 - $8.5 Million
2019 - $7.25 Million

Cutting McLeod now actually lowers our cap space due to dead cap. Cutting him next year saves 5 Million.

I said if we cut them now we’d be saving a lot of money for next year. Normally first year of contract is really cheap, so we’d be able to sign Matheiu. Cutting McLeod now and getting his dead cap out of the way makes us save 9.9 mill and curry 11.2 mill next year with also 5 mill this year. Just clearing up space. 

51 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why? Mathieu is more of a slot corner than a safety and he's gonna want big bucks.

We should just address the slot in the draft.

Jim loves those hybrid safeties, that can cover. Matheiu can also be the slot which what we are in need of and is a upgrade on McLeod. 

3 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I said if we cut them now we’d be saving a lot of money for next year. Normally first year of contract is really cheap, so we’d be able to sign Matheiu. Cutting McLeod now and getting his dead cap out of the way makes us save 9.9 mill and curry 11.2 mill next year with also 5 mill this year. Just clearing up space. 

That's not how things work. We would not be able to sign Mathieu either way.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

That's not how things work. We would not be able to sign Mathieu either way.

How isn’t that how it works? Curry’s dead money which will be paid this year, which makes it so we won’t have any of Dead money next year and his salary will be off the books which is 11.2 mill.

Archived