Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He did look good in that video he released. I'd like as many snaps to Clement as I can get though. At this point I think it's a luxury we don't need or can really afford. 

seconded. we won the Owl with him on IR. Clement will only improve, Sproles is on the decline. Move on.

12 hours ago, Danger said:

Maybe bring back Sproles for cheap.

I wouldn’t hate this as a last resort in free agency period to potentially help to fill need at PR, and to get a few snaps on offense during the season. 

A Harris County grand jury Friday indicted Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett for the felony charge of injury of the elderly for injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic who was working at NRG Stadium to control access to the field at Super Bowl LI, prosecutors said.

http://www.khou.com/article/sports/nfl/nfl-star-michael-bennett-indicted-by-harris-county-grand-jury/531344843

I have so many questions. But mainly, what in the world is NRG stadium doing hiring a 66 year old paraplegic woman as security... 

But also, Bennett isn't exactly the most even-keeled person in the world either. Hopefully, he does something to make up for injuring a 66 year old paraplegic security guard. 

(But also, can we just take a second to talk about this security guard? What is a 66 year old woman doing working security at the Super Bowl? Process that for a second and then consider that she has no use of her lower limbs and try to process how this elderly woman with no use of her lower limbs is working security for one of the most high profile events in the world.)

Just now, Phire said:

Legally you can't discriminate based on age, gender, or disability. That opens the door to 66 year old paraplegic women serving as security guards at the Super Bowl lol.

It's just such a ridiculous thing to imagine. Who is that lady stopping and what exactly is she going to prevent from happening? Just such a silly visual 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Regardless of who it was, he screwed up. No one should be surprised given it is Michael Bennett. 

Very true. 

Wonder what kind of punishment he'll be facing from the league or if the Eagles want to do anything about this. Surely, they must have known this was a possibility when they traded for him

34 minutes ago, Phire said:

Legally you can't discriminate based on age, gender, or disability. That opens the door to 66 year old paraplegic women serving as security guards at the Super Bowl lol.

That's absurd.

I want my 85 year old Grandfather to be hired on to the Secret Service then.

Yeah I'm not shocked Bennett was involved in this. Dude's a hot-head. But honestly it wasn't too long ago Nigel Bradham went to an airport with a loaded gun on accident. I really don't think pushing a security guard during a chaotic event is that big of a deal. This is one of those things that'll be blown up and we'll never hear about again. 

41 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

http://www.khou.com/article/sports/nfl/nfl-star-michael-bennett-indicted-by-harris-county-grand-jury/531344843

I have so many questions. But mainly, what in the world is NRG stadium doing hiring a 66 year old paraplegic woman as security... 

But also, Bennett isn't exactly the most even-keeled person in the world either. Hopefully, he does something to make up for injuring a 66 year old paraplegic security guard. 

(But also, can we just take a second to talk about this security guard? What is a 66 year old woman doing working security at the Super Bowl? Process that for a second and then consider that she has no use of her lower limbs and try to process how this elderly woman with no use of her lower limbs is working security for one of the most high profile events in the world.)

NRG likely outsources security to another company, who employed her.

And as @Phire said, you can't discriminate.  Not a good look either way.

On 3/21/2018 at 9:44 AM, Jroc04 said:

He did look good in that video he released. I'd like as many snaps to Clement as I can get though. At this point I think it's a luxury we don't need or can really afford. 

He released a vid? Aah dayum probably not getting any phone calls.  

Just watched the Mike Wallace presser.  Guy sounds like he has great work ethic.  Already like him.  Plus he has always been productive.  

WR1 - Alshon
WR2 - Wallace
Slot - Agholor
TE1 - Ertz
TE2 - ???

And don't forget Mack Hollins.  As long as Wentz is feeling good, the offense is looking good.

Michael Bennet is an idiot...Not a good way to start career as an Eagle.  

So what happens now?  Will he even be able to play at the beginning of the season? 

Blah.

EDIT:  Wow this happened over a year ago...Why is this just now making news?

3 minutes ago, JayWood2010 said:

Michael Bennet is an idiot...Not a good way to start career as an Eagle.  

So what happens now?  Will he even be able to play at the beginning of the season? 

Blah.

EDIT:  Wow this happened over a year ago...Why is this just now making news?

That's a damn good question. You know what else is a good question? Why is a 66 year old paraplegic on the security staff of an event as chaotic as the Super Bowl. I know there are discrimination laws and what not, but there has to be some sort of common sense clause or something FFS.

Archived