Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

I'll believe the Dolphins would "move on" from Suh when I see it. The longshot idea of Cox/Timmy/Suh as a 3-man rotation up the middle is downright nasty. 

And seeing as Beau is a UFA, there's no telling if he stays or not, so DT could easily be a need this spring. I'm not getting my hopes up, as Suh's Eagles statement has already been recanted to a certain extent. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/15/doug-pederson-wont-rush-offensive-coordinator-decision/

“I’m thinking through a lot of things and processing a lot of things right now, a lot of names,” Pederson said. “I haven’t ruled out not having an offensive coordinator. But you know, as a head coach and some of the responsibilities that I have to do during the week and some of the other obligations, I’ve got to look at that too. Because that’s where your offensive coordinator can really step in so, like I said, I’m processing a bunch of things. I’m not going to rush into it, I’m going to make sure it’s the right person, the right fit for what we’re doing. I think that’s important too, that that person fits the culture and his way of thinking has to coincide with the way we’re thinking and … calling the plays and go from there.”

Looks like Dougie P is a smart cookie. 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Real talk

What's the value of Nick Foles?? 

If Foles balks at the idea of being traded then we have no real assets besides that #32 draft pick maybe if someone wants to take on a contract of a vet I guess you can count that too. 

We are in a good position of power, because Nick laid the foundation that he's ok with staying and the optics are that the Eagles are too...and at his salary it's no problem keeping him.

I think the value is a mid first 15-22..not to say we get that, but I think we could get equal value. I think howie could look to do a 2nd and a player still on their rookie deal. WR, LB or DT being the targeted positions. We've gotten around the same for less talent.

But it really depends on how the market shakes because there is a lot of somewhat adequate options in the draft (a lot of talent but question marks aplenty) and there will be at least 4 qbs hitting the free agent market that won't require teams to trade for. In the end I think we should be happy with a 2nd +

It really depends on a couple of things

• Kirk Cousins, what do people think of him? is he really gonna cash in huge? does that price him out of certain teams?
    Our best situation is he chooses a team that isn't likely to trade for Foles...so like the Jets or Jags
  • What does the league think of the Vikings trio of QBs and what does minnesota do there? Because while Foles looked better than any of them, they won't have to give up anything to sign them. Hopefully they let Bradford walk as his injuries will scare off teams I'd think. And Is AJ Mccarron viewed by anyone but the browns as a solid option?
  • How many teams go QB in the top 10?
    Are the Browns finally going to take someone? Will the Giants draft the heir apparent to Eli? (will they move Eli to a winning team? is another question) Are the Broncos looking for a kid in the draft in hopes he starts quick or a vet to pry open their closing window a little wider? If the latter they could be in play for Foles maybe. Did the Jets get Kirk? otherwise they are almost locked in to draft a QB
    If we only get like 2 QBs taken in the top ten, I think it hurts...because Arizona to me is a real possibility for Foles. And if they are that close they could opt for the much younger player.

I think our two most likely trade partners are Bills, Broncos and Cardinals. They all have talented teams. Broncos want to win now and the other two might not be able to get someone they want to hitch their wagon to.

I agree with everything you said there Kilt, I think the one thing you didn't address is what Foles wants to do. Is he content holding a clipboard? Would he rather do that than start somewhere else? 

If he puts out there he'd rather stay/retire than he provides no value. So we are at his mercy pretty much. 

If he says he's ok with playing elsewhere I could see a trade to AZ or Den. AZ because he's ok with his history there. Denver because they are likely to grab a vet with that current team. Buffalo I'm not sure what they still think of the Peterman. Maybe a vet to mentor but not a starter. Jets situation is still ugly they played well offensively in spurts but I'm not sure if that WC offense fits Foles. 

49 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I agree with everything you said there Kilt, I think the one thing you didn't address is what Foles wants to do. Is he content holding a clipboard? Would he rather do that than start somewhere else? 

If he puts out there he'd rather stay/retire than he provides no value. So we are at his mercy pretty much. 

If he says he's ok with playing elsewhere I could see a trade to AZ or Den. AZ because he's ok with his history there. Denver because they are likely to grab a vet with that current team. Buffalo I'm not sure what they still think of the Peterman. Maybe a vet to mentor but not a starter. Jets situation is still ugly they played well offensively in spurts but I'm not sure if that WC offense fits Foles. 

Oh yea it’s a good point, I guess I just can’t see him not wanting to do it now that he’s having fun again. But that does loom and takes away the lower teams most likely, which I’m not sure they’d want him anyway 

Archived