Post Superbowl 7-Rounder

ajura pyta

20 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd hate it if the 1st round fell like that for the Steelers. I suppose CB could be the pick although it isn't a huge need. Also Oliver is a returner so maybe he'll get some burn there. He won't be an immediate impact player on defense unless of injury. Haden will most likely be back and Burns is looking to rebound, plus we have Cameron Sutton who played well in limited snaps, Mike Hilton, who looked decent in the slot, and Brian Allen who is a size/speed guy that stuck around on the roster all year. The drafting of Oliver would be a long term play. That's not a terrible call given how the 1st round played out.

It would be hard to pass up Evans in the 1st but you redeemed yourself and we got him in the second. That's a risky move not taking him in the 1st, IMO.

The only real critique I have is, I'd skip QB for the Steelers this year completely. We drafted our developmental guy in Dobbs last year. Landry Jones is signed as our #2 and Ben said he wants to play out his contract(2 years left) plus some. I'd take Jessie Bates or Armani Watts. Safety is arguably our biggest need.

I thought the same thing here. I’d love to get Evans in the 2nd, but to be a little more realistic, I’d take Evans in the 1st, then Elliot in the 2nd. Then in the 3rd, idk, maybe Okoronkwo or Nnadi. 

First off, kudos for the effort.

Unfortunately, I can not get behind this for the Bengals.  Our biggest needs are two offensive tackles, a center and a MLB, plus possibly a SLB.  

CINCINNATI BENGALS

12. Vita Vea- DT- Washington

46. Uchenna Nwosu- LB- USC

77. Austin Corbett- G- Nevada

100. Kurt Benkert- QB- Virginia

114. Justin Reid- S- Stanford

152. DJ Chark- WR- LSU

171. Kylie Fitts- DE- Utah

191. Bentley Spain- OT- N. Carolina

234. Deatrick Nichols- CB- S. Florida

252. John Battle- S- LSU

256. Daniel Carlson- K- Auburn

It's not that I don't like Vea.  He fills a sneaky need, but given that we still have Billings for at least two years, he is eid would be a solid addition at safety.  Assuming we trade off McCarron or he wins his arbitration case, Benkert would be a nice add.

But waiting until the fifth to draft a developmental OT isn't going to cut it.  And free agency doesn't offer much help either, even ignoring the fact that this team somehow decides to ignore the first few days of it and only shop in the bargain bin a week later.  And then there's the center issue.  Bodine sux, and is a free agent to boot.  We add a guard here, but we have 5 of those under contract.  And in doing so, we take a guy plagued by injuries.  It almost feels like a troll job there, but I doubt that was your intent.

Long story short, we need to address OT, LB and C early.  This only gets one.  

On 2/10/2018 at 10:25 AM, ajura pyta said:

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

29. Mark Andrews- TE- Oklahoma

61. James Daniels- C- Iowa

93. Jeremiah Briscoe- QB- Sam Houston St.

131. DaeSean Hamilton- WR- Penn St.

167. Joseph Noteboom- OT- LSU

207. Taron Johnson- CB- Weber St.

251. Austin Golson- C- Auburn

this is a Pretty Terrible Draft. 

TE is a Need but i dont consider Andrews a special talent.  i would look at Mason Rudolph or Billy Price. Rudolph because well Bortles is under contract for 1 year and we have no QB of the future or backup under contract.  Price would be a Plug and Play at guard for us. 

Daniels isnt Bad but i dont think hes a good Scheme fit for us(we seem to be that Odd team that loves to play Smash mouth Bully Ball.  Instead i would Look at a guy Like Hurst, Crosby, Fumagalli.  id probably go with Crosby to give Whomever is our QB of the future 2 solid Book end tackles. 

Briscoe is Straight Trash and is considered by NFL Draft scout as the 20th best QB in the draft.  i would without any hesitation take Ragnow here. clear BPA and we could use 2 starting Guards to be honest. 

Hamilton isnt a bad player but i think i would take St. Brown to give us a Better WR who has more size. 

as its been said we dont have pick 167 because of the dareus trade. 

i never heard of taron johnson but i dont think the jags who run a scheme similiar to the seahawks would want a sub 190 pound corner. i would pick Royce Freeman because it would be stupid to pass him up since Yeldon is a 3rd down back, grant seems to be just a Gadget player while fournette seems like a good back but has some injury problems and ivory likely a goner. 

Jags own pick 234 from the Chris Smith deal. i can get behind a pick of Nichols cuz i like him as a slot guy but i would look at Cabinda who would give us some Lber depth. 

Golson isnt good nor would i think he makes our roster so i would instead Draft Michael Dickson P Texas as hes a pretty good punter and our Punter was kinda inconsistent this year. 

Archived