RB- Tion Green

CB- Nevin Lawson

CB- DJ Haden

LB- Tahir whitehead

LB- Paul Worrilow

Trades:

RB- Ameer Abdullah for 7th rd pick

DE- Ziggy Ansah to CLE for #33 and 4th rd pick

#20 to PIT for #28 and #60 (trade in front of BUF to draft a QB)

Re-sign:

DT- Haloti Ngata- 1 yr 3-4 mil

SS- Tavon Wilson- Decent player that will not cost much. good depth guy.

FA:

WR- Sammy Watkins- May not be a huge need but we add some speed to outside at WR as a deep threat and he will not be paid as much as his talent because of injury concerns

OLB/DE- Trent Murphy- Fits to our new hybrid defense approach.

RB- Isiah Crowell- The big lead RB that we lack, and wont cost a ton

CB- Kyle Fuller- Can play inside or outside, knows division, had a decent bounce back season

QB- Tom Savage- Worked with new QB coach Goodsey in past and can battle Rudock for backup spot.

Draft:

#28- DT- Harrison Phillips- Big run stuffing DT that we lack behind Nagta. Lions showed interest at SB. Team Captain as well.

#33- DE/OLB- Harold Landry- Gets to the passer and fits the new hybrid defense

#51- ILB- Leighton Vander Esch- Very underrated ILB that would fit really well next to Jaard Davis.

#60- RB- Rashad Penny- Adds to our RB stable. May take the lead role day 1.

#84- S- Deshon Elliot- Big hitter that can play SS or FS. Let him learn from GQ that take over in a couple of seasons.

4th rd (Browns)- TE- Troy Fumagalli-- Guy that can catch and block. Not sure why he is lasting this far in mocks but I will go with it. He would be a steal here.

4th rd (Lions)- C/G- Frank Ragnow- Lions add a versatile G/C to battle for starting job.

I kinda just went "Meh".

I don't think there's a chance in heck that Abdullah is traded for any time of pick at all. Good move if done, but wishful thinking imo. Also don't think we get a sniff at Watkins unless a lot of money is paid to him.

I do like Fuller/Crowell though, those are solid signings depend on money.

Not sure about your draft, you went scheme heavy and I don't think those are the best players we could pick at those spots.

11 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

I kinda just went "Meh".

I don't think there's a chance in heck that Abdullah is traded for any time of pick at all. Good move if done, but wishful thinking imo. Also don't think we get a sniff at Watkins unless a lot of money is paid to him.

I do like Fuller/Crowell though, those are solid signings depend on money.

Not sure about your draft, you went scheme heavy and I don't think those are the best players we could pick at those spots.

Yea Sammy Watkins maybe wishful thinking and I did go scheme heavy with all of my picks. That just seems to be BQ's style so far. Both drafts pretty much every mock site had us taking the guy we took so he is very rigid and drafts for needs as opposed to BPA. I would be pumped with the first 4 picks tho! The RB I really want is Sony Michel but he has seemed to rise up the boards to late 1st early send at this point so thats too bad.

To start with, Ziggy is a UFA.  The only way to make the trade with Cle. is to franchise him.  I doubt the browns would give up a 2nd &4th RD pick in order to get Ziggy for one year @ $17+ mil.  Why cut Tion Green.  He was an effective runner at times.  I'd Abdullah walk .  Keep either Hayden or Lawson.  You can Never have too many CBs.  I like re-signing Ngata and Wilson Solid players  Fuller would be a good add assuming the money is right.  Crowell is solid.  Because your trades are probably wishful thinking, draft is unrealistic.

9 hours ago, lioneye22 said:

To start with, Ziggy is a UFA.  The only way to make the trade with Cle. is to franchise him.  I doubt the browns would give up a 2nd &4th RD pick in order to get Ziggy for one year @ $17+ mil.  Why cut Tion Green.  He was an effective runner at times.  I'd Abdullah walk .  Keep either Hayden or Lawson.  You can Never have too many CBs.  I like re-signing Ngata and Wilson Solid players  Fuller would be a good add assuming the money is right.  Crowell is solid.  Because your trades are probably wishful thinking, draft is unrealistic.

It would be a franchise tag than work out a trade with Cleveland. They would sign him to a longer deal than just a 1 yr FT. I think it makes sense for CLE and Det as CLE has multiple picks in rd 1 and 2 and a ton of cap space so why not sign a more "sure" thing like Ziggy to team with Garrett? It happens a bunch with DE's (see Jared Allen, Chandler Jones, Richard Seymour, etc)

I would think that some interest on Cleve. part is needed.  With the browns having two picks in the top 5, I think if they wanted another DE/ edge type of guy, they would draft one and have him and Garret mature together.  Why pay Huge money for a guy that is always hurt?

On 2/10/2018 at 1:26 PM, BZski said:

Cuts/Let go:

RB- Tion Green

Would prefer to keep him as our 4th runner

CB- Nevin Lawson

Agreed, but if he's resigned I won't complain, he's going to hopefully end up as a rotational player anyway once the lions sign/draft someone else

CB- DJ Haden

Agreed

LB- Tahir whitehead

Don't agree we this, we need to keep our best linebacker

LB- Paul Worrilow

Sure

Trades:

RB- Ameer Abdullah for 7th rd pick

Keep Abdullah in case of injury, everyone knows he can play, he's just not the franchise running back we thought he would be

DE- Ziggy Ansah to CLE for #33 and 4th rd pick

Whether Ansah is traded or let him go doesn't matter, just do not give him a huge contract

#20 to PIT for #28 and #60 (trade in front of BUF to draft a QB)

Re-sign:

DT- Haloti Ngata- 1 yr 3-4 mil

YES

SS- Tavon Wilson- Decent player that will not cost much. good depth guy.

Indifferent here

FA:

WR- Sammy Watkins- May not be a huge need but we add some speed to outside at WR as a deep threat and he will not be paid as much as his talent because of injury concerns

Like you said, we don't need him and he's not even better than Golladay so it's unneccesary

OLB/DE- Trent Murphy- Fits to our new hybrid defense approach.

Need linebacker help so sure

RB- Isiah Crowell- The big lead RB that we lack, and wont cost a ton

I like crowell but assuming we draft a running back and keep abdullah, it would be unnecessary

CB- Kyle Fuller- Can play inside or outside, knows division, had a decent bounce back season

Would prefer Robinson from Eagles or Butler from Patriots but Fuller is a solid cornerback

QB- Tom Savage- Worked with new QB coach Goodsey in past and can battle Rudock for backup spot.

ehhh

Archived