The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

23 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Rumored coaching changes are Dan Enos for Pep Hamilton, Greg Roman for Tim Drevno, and Al Washington coming in from BC in some capacity. Unclear what's going to happen with Partridge, but probably going to be a fight to keep him from other schools. Probably move Jay back to TEs, and try to get an RB and WR coach in.

I’m curious what roles everyone is given. It seems like Enos is going to be a position coach but I’ve seen rumors of basically everything but OL on where. I’m also curious whether Roman is going to be OC or just an OL/Run Game Coordinator 

27 minutes ago, winitall said:

I’m curious what roles everyone is given. It seems like Enos is going to be a position coach but I’ve seen rumors of basically everything but OL on where. I’m also curious whether Roman is going to be OC or just an OL/Run Game Coordinator 

I would guess he'll take over for Pep as the QB and PGC and Roman will be OL/RGC

• 1 month later...

Question from an outsider: What is the perception of Harbaugh in Ann Arbor these days?  Without pouring salt into the wound, the rivalry game record and lethargic 2018 recruiting cycle have to eliminated Honeymoon phase.  Shea Patterson's eligibility looms large.

43 minutes ago, RJWSkol24 said:

Question from an outsider: What is the perception of Harbaugh in Ann Arbor these days?  Without pouring salt into the wound, the rivalry game record and lethargic 2018 recruiting cycle have to eliminated Honeymoon phase.  Shea Patterson's eligibility looms large.

Seasons haven't gone exactly according to plan, but, like most large fanbases, there are a lot of terrible fans who think that the knives should be out for Harbaugh because he hasn't delivered a championship. And sure, there are valid criticisms. That being said. Harbaugh is basically a couple of coin flips from being 3-3 against MSU and OSU. Maybe 4-2 if we count this year's MSU's game, which was a disaster and not nearly as much of a coinflip as OSU 2016 or MSU 2015 (and no, I'm not saying JT was short - that game was basically a coinflip in the end).

2018 was a relatively bad recruiting cycle, but 2016 and 2017 were great. The 2014 and 2015 classes are no doubt hurting Michigan, especially since the most important player from 2015 (Grant Newsome) got so badly hurt that he may never be able to play again. And Newsome was the only capable OT prospect outside of Cole when Harbaugh got here. I'm pretty surprised that Peters hasn't looked like more, but I think he was completely shell shocked after the Wisconsin game. Looked like a different player against SCAR and seemed like he was playing scared. We'll see what happens this year, but I'd be stunned if Michigan's QB play was that poor again - with or without Shea. 

At the end of the day, I have no idea what to expect for 2018. Michigan's schedule is absolutely brutal. In addition to the familiar B1G East powers, they also draw Wisconsin, have to go to Notre Dame (no idea why Warde caved on that after we ended the rivalry there in 2014). They also get Northwestern and a potentially dangerous Nebraska. Going to be tough. If Harbaugh does poorly, I'm sure the cries for change will be loud. But honestly, I have no idea who the answer is if it's not Harbaugh. I can't seem him being fired, but he's going to have to make widescale changes on the offensive end if they fail again, and I'm just not sure if Harbaugh's going to change his entire offensive philosophy. Maybe that would be the impetus for him to try and go back to the league. People are going to be loud, but if Michigan fans keep trying to force out every option when they don't win right away, I have no idea what the answer is going to be.

Coming off the poor NSD, I think perceptions of Harbaugh are worse than they should be, but obviously, not everything is perfect in Ann Arbor.

Edited by JammerHammer21

14 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We have to win 12 games next year minimum or this is gonna get real ugly.

Bad take.  Looking at the schedule another 8/9 win season is probably the best we will do.  Fans need to see growth and improvement on the O-Line and WR core.  Also they need to be competitive in all games and not have any blow out losses.  The 2019 recruiting is already 100 times better then 2018.  Jim has brought in a couple new coaches that are excellent recruiters as well as coaches.  Have faith in the process and give Jim time to get the roster full of his guys from top to bottom.

Fans are definitely going to get really impatient. I think people that actually follow roster composition and turnover understand the issues at Michigan for the past few years. 

Harbaugh isn't above criticism though. This will be Year 4. There's really no more excuses. He talks about this program like it deserves to be up there amongst the top programs. Well, if you want to be that program, you need to start showing it. 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, ?-?. 

Hard schedule or not, I think he needs a season with no more than 2 losses to right the ship. 

Understandable that last season, they had a very young team. But that excuse isn't there this season. 

Questions will start to creep up about scheme even more with another poor year. 

• 2 weeks later...