The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They need to run more plays with Caff next week if Patterson still is ginger on that leg. Cause they'll lose big if we play like this against Wisco.

They have a bye, so hopefully Shea can get healthy enough to keep on reads. If not, either scrap the read plays every time, or put in McCaffrey and hope he can pass enough.

11 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

They have a bye, so hopefully Shea can get healthy enough to keep on reads. If not, either scrap the read plays every time, or put in McCaffrey and hope he can pass enough.

It's a soft tissue thing so you'd think rest and rehab would adjust it, but I'd still play some flex 2QB stuff.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's a soft tissue thing so you'd think rest and rehab would adjust it, but I'd still play some flex 2QB stuff.

They said he got hurt on the first play, but I'm also pretty sure the shot to his ribs last game is really impacting him.

He'd have limitations even if he fully healthy, but he was great on keeps last year, so I'd be stunned if they weren't just telling him to hand off and not actually read. Only thing is... why are you running that play if he can't run, basically making it a one dimensional play that the DE can just crash on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

They said he got hurt on the first play, but I'm also pretty sure the shot to his ribs last game is really impacting him.

He'd have limitations even if he fully healthy, but he was great on keeps last year, so I'd be stunned if they weren't just telling him to hand off and not actually read. Only thing is... why are you running that play if he can't run, basically making it a one dimensional play that the DE can just crash on?

Yeah, Patterson was pretty solid last season with his reads and running in general. So, hopefully what is happening this year in that regard is simply injury related because this whole offense is predicated on him being a threat to run, at least from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...