The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

23 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This is just Michigan, OSU got Urbz and beat us to being a power while we settled for Brady Hoke to fix the program. By the time Harbs came it was too late. CFB is 5 programs, Michigan wont be one again. Nothing to be done honestly but it makes it just impossible to really care anymore. I'm barely a fan at this point. Why bother, there just is no way to vault that wall.

Harbaugh first needs to get the program at the level of clearly 2nd best in the division. This will be the 4th out of 5 years that Michigan isnt 2nd. You can't take advantage of a Ohio State down year if you are not 2nd best to begin with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This is just Michigan, OSU got Urbz and beat us to being a power while we settled for Brady Hoke to fix the program. By the time Harbs came it was too late. CFB is 5 programs, Michigan wont be one again. Nothing to be done honestly but it makes it just impossible to really care anymore. I'm barely a fan at this point. Why bother, there just is no way to vault that wall.

Klatt said it best. Harbs inherited a 5-7 team the year OSU won the national championship. 

Last year should have been that breakthrough year. If Maryland can convert a 2 point conversion, Michigan is playing in the Rose Bowl last year.

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Klatt said it best. Harbs inherited a 5-7 team the year OSU won the national championship. 

Last year should have been that breakthrough year. If Maryland can convert a 2 point conversion, Michigan is playing in the Rose Bowl last year.

I'll always think of 2016 as the tipping point. If you win that game and then can beat Wisconsin again, you can got to recruits that went elsewhere like Najee Harris and Isaiah Wilson with some hard proof of what you're going to be able to accomplish.

6 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I'll always think of 2016 as the tipping point. If you win that game and then can beat Wisconsin again, you can got to recruits that went elsewhere like Najee Harris and Isaiah Wilson with some hard proof of what you're going to be able to accomplish.

I agree about 2016.

This sport is a lot about luck and that’s unfortunate. If Tressel doesn’t get canned, Urban could be coaching Michigan today.

Tressel changed things for the last 2 decades, but we got incredibly lucky.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I agree about 2016.

This sport is a lot about luck and that’s unfortunate. If Tressel doesn’t get canned, Urban could be coaching Michigan today.

Tressel changed things for the last 2 decades, but we got incredibly lucky.

I think if we still had tress. Harbs still comes to Michigan but we just get the 10years 2.0. I think Urbz ends up at USC if he doesn’t come to tOSU

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think if we still had tress. Harbs still comes to Michigan but we just get the 10years 2.0. I think Urbz ends up at USC if he doesn’t come to tOSU

I think Urban would have gone to any of OSU, Michigan, or ND if there was an opening and they wanted him, but Michigan's AD probably would not have gone after him.

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Stupid Dave Brandon ruining the stupid program.

Gotta love the guy who wanted to replicate the Bo hiring situation so much that he didn't name a price to Hoke, announced he accepted the position to the media, and then had to give Hoke more money in the negotiation because he had already given up his leverage.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Gotta love the guy who wanted to replicate the Bo hiring situation so much that he didn't name a price to Hoke, announced he accepted the position to the media, and then had to give Hoke more money in the negotiation because he had already given up his leverage.

Gee Whiz I wonder why the program went down the toilet so quickly with him here.

*obligatoryfreeticketwithcokepurchase.jpg*

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Gee Whiz I wonder why the program went down the toilet so quickly with him here.

*obligatoryfreeticketwithcokepurchase.jpg*

Hey, the private equity guy who had the personal motto of "if it ain't broke, break it" was definitely the right choice to lead the athletic department

Love Rich.

This is just my belief. I would try to go all out and blitz the state of Ohio for recruits. Get every single 4 star kid that OSU turns down for an out of state kid. Build that anger and hatred for OSU.

I think Justin hit on the head. Michigan’s players don’t take this rivalry serious enough and OSU does.

Edited by candyman93

Meh, getting the kids OSU passes over is not going to lead to beating OSU. Hoke got the best players OSU didn't get (and those were some good players), and couldn't do it either, and those kids were better than the ones OSU is passing on now. The non-OSU 4*s in OSU are going to Kentucky, ASU, Cincinnati, and Iowa this year. That is not going to beat OSU. And I doubt OSU would pass on guys the caliber of Dymonte Thomas, Taco Charlton, Jake Butt, etc. now unless they blew up late going forward. Michigan shouldn't ignore Ohio, but it can't be a main recruiting focus. They need to go national.

I also think it's a lot easier to take a rivalry seriously when you have the results from both that game and beyond for years. I think it's likely Michigan takes the OSU game more seriously now than they did in like 2016 or 2017 when they came much closer to winning. These OSU teams are just much better and aren't handicapping themselves.

Edited by JammerHammer21

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This is just my belief. I would try to go all out and blitz the state of Ohio for recruits. Get every single 4 star kid that OSU turns down for an out of state kid. Build that anger and hatred for OSU.

Difference is, this isn’t Day’s philosophy. He is recruiting Ohio more than Urbz did.