The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

If you exclude the games vs. Ohio State the conference record for Harbaugh is: 32-7 in 5 years.

For reference, Ohio State under Meyer and Day have lost 4 conference games in 8 years, and that includes vs. Michigan. Thats a 63-4 record. Harbaugh is on pace for 64-14 excluding Ohio State, so he loses 3 times as many versus other Big10 teams then Ohio State does....

As long as Michigan keeps losing close to 1,5 games a year versus other Big10 teams they shouldnt even think about beating Ohio State regularly.

Imo Michigan should focus less on Ohio State and more on how to build your roster and improving gameday management so that at least 3 out of 5 season you end up with beating all big10 teams leading into the Game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

In all honesty from a OSU fan, Michigan really needs to get it together. It sucks when your biggest rival is crap because it takes away from all of the luster of the conference and rivalry. 

I dont know if any UM fans need to hear that, but there are a lot of us OSU fans rooting for you to be better.

.......so when we beat you it means more 🤣

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

In all honesty from a OSU fan, Michigan really needs to get it together. It sucks when your biggest rival is crap because it takes away from all of the luster of the conference and rivalry. 

I dont know if any UM fans need to hear that, but there are a lot of us OSU fans rooting for you to be better.

.......so when we beat you it means more 🤣

Question is, if Harbs couldn’t rebuild them, who can?

Kinda feel like Michigan has to go the route OSU did after they moved on from Cooper. Go after the smaller name guy, a guy who will break the team to its foundation and rebuild like Tressell. Get a guy who will focus on keeping every Michigan guy home and get the guys from Ohio that Ohio State didn’t want. Go after a guy like Mitchell from GVSU, idk

they thought they had a homerun hire in Harbs and he just hasn’t lived up to. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Question is, if Harbs couldn’t rebuild them, who can?

Kinda feel like Michigan has to go the route OSU did after they moved on from Cooper. Go after the smaller name guy, a guy who will break the team to its foundation and rebuild like Tressell. Get a guy who will focus on keeping every Michigan guy home and get the guys from Ohio that Ohio State didn’t want. Go after a guy like Mitchell from GVSU, idk

they thought they had a homerun hire in Harbs and he just hasn’t lived up to. 

Some coaches are better NFL coaches, some are better college coaches.

ie Harbaugh, Saban

31 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Some coaches are better NFL coaches, some are better college coaches.

ie Harbaugh, Saban

harbs was damn good in Stanford...

To me it comes down to his DC and OC. his OC and DC from his Stanford staff have had better coaching careers than he has

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

harbs was damn good in Stanford...

To me it comes down to his DC and OC. his OC and DC from his Stanford staff have had better coaching careers than he has

I revise that. I think the biggest thing is recruiting. Something that other great programs like Bama, Clem, Ohio St, OU have been great at that Michigan hasn't come close to.

Hell, even TEN and NC have out recruited UM recently if I'm not mistaken.

If they want to be treated and play like a top 5 school, they need to recruit 5* playmakers like a top 5 school