The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

In case anyone doesn't know about these, they're must reads:

http://touch-the-banner.com/forum/topic/some-football-notes-heading-in-to-week-2/

http://touch-the-banner.com/forum/topic/more-fall-practice-notes-from-umbig11/

UMBIG11 is a confirmed insider, so his notes from sources are pretty legit.

Edited by JammerHammer21

Gary and Solomon are going to be studs and then you throw in Hurst and Bush and Winovich and McCray and Mone and so many others.  This D is going to be scary.  The secondary won't need to cover long because the big boys will be beating on the doorstep.  #KnockinQB'sOut

• 2 weeks later...

Keith Washington is transferring. Thought he looked good in the spring game, but I think they were experimenting with him at safety to see how that went. May not have been a fan of being moved like that. CBs are still a tossup, according to Zordich. Seems Vert has one spot, but he doesn't seem confident in the options at the other spot. Hoping Long steps up for it.

On 8/21/2017 at 5:13 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

Keith Washington is transferring. Thought he looked good in the spring game, but I think they were experimenting with him at safety to see how that went. May not have been a fan of being moved like that. CBs are still a tossup, according to Zordich. Seems Vert has one spot, but he doesn't seem confident in the options at the other spot. Hoping Long steps up for it.

This is so strange because Washington was looking good at corner and looked like he might win a spot based on what he did in the spring game. Not sure why they tried moving him from corner to safety when the starters at safety aree pretty much set but the starters at corner are still an open competition.

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Hope Hudson isn't permanent unless he's a monster at OT. Looked like a future stud on the DL

tbh if he could be just an above average OL I'd be happy. Feels like it's a lot easier for them to find and develop quality DL than it is for OL

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

This is so strange because Washington was looking good at corner and looked like he might win a spot based on what he did in the spring game. Not sure why they tried moving him from corner to safety when the starters at safety aree pretty much set but the starters at corner are still an open competition.

I believe the reports that have come out since have said he was behind all of Hill, Long, Watson, and Ambry Thomas at CB.  In regards to the move to safety, I have to think it was as a chance to back up Kinnel.  I have not read much about the depth there other than maybe Woods?  Also with JKP moving around at nickel and doing some other stuff I can see where Washington saw the depth chart not being in his favor.  I'm guessing the young guys just made a larger jump after the spring than Washington did because I agree that he did flash in the spring.

10 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Hope Hudson isn't permanent unless he's a monster at OT. Looked like a future stud on the DL

I am in the same boat as you with this.  I would prefer that he stay on the defensive side of the line because his senior year film is ridiculous.  I wonder if this is similar to when Onwenu played a little defensive line?  Where eventually he flips back to his original side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, winitall said:

I believe the reports that have come out since have said he was behind all of Hill, Long, Watson, and Ambry Thomas at CB.  In regards to the move to safety, I have to think it was as a chance to back up Kinnel.  I have not read much about the depth there other than maybe Woods?  Also with JKP moving around at nickel and doing some other stuff I can see where Washington saw the depth chart not being in his favor.  I'm guessing the young guys just made a larger jump after the spring than Washington did because I agree that he did flash in the spring.

I can believe that the young guys jumped him because they're all really damn talented, but it would be really difficult to believe that Watson jumped him with the way they've both played. Watson has never looked like anything more than a backup.

57 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I can believe that the young guys jumped him because they're all really damn talented, but it would be really difficult to believe that Watson jumped him with the way they've both played. Watson has never looked like anything more than a backup.

That is true. But on the other hand even if he was ahead of Watson he would still only be 4th on the depth chart.