The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

7 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Nolan Ulizio getting the starting RT job is not something I expected.

Agreed.  I am still expecting an improved line over the past few years though.  This team is young but has the foundation talent for a playoff caliber team in a year or 2.

3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

How many true freshman played? Only remember seeing Tarik Black, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Ambry Thomas in there.

Tarik Black, Aubrey Solomon, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Kwity Paye, Ambry Thomas, Benjamin St-Juste,  J'Marick Woods, Ben Mason and Andrew Stueber. Source: 247 Michigan.

9 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

Tarik Black, Aubrey Solomon, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Kwity Paye, Ambry Thomas, Benjamin St-Juste,  J'Marick Woods, Ben Mason and Andrew Stueber. Source: 247 Michigan.

Have to think that number goes up with more favorable matchups in the next few weeks. Really excited to see what some of these guys can do.

3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Also, they really gotta figure out this QB situation. Speight either needs to learn how to throw a football with any sort of accuracy or they need to get O'Korn or Peters ready.

Don't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure one of the insiders said that Dylan McCaffrey is ahead of Peters at the moment.  I think Speight is going to have to be the one to take the step.  After seeing the throw to Eubanks in the 4th quarter I think the problem with Speight might be mostly mental at this point in regards to the deep ball on the edges.  I think completing just one would be big for him in terms of confidence on those throws.  His throws deep down the middle have been fine.

8 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Also, they really gotta figure out this QB situation. Speight either needs to learn how to throw a football with any sort of accuracy or they need to get O'Korn or Peters ready.

He was our worst player out there. He handed Florida 14 pts. Now, I know the refs took away that first TD from the bogus ineligible receiver call, but that is something outside of team control. Without those 2 pick-6's, the game is the 33-3 blowout that it should have been. Scores will matter when it comes to seeding. 

I thought they said after halftime that they spoke to Harbaugh and he said he was going to play both Speight and O'Korn in the second half, like the first, but he did not.