The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

Same story. Defense was amazing, played like a defense that belongs on a championship team. Offense looked closer to something you would expect from Eastern Michigan. OL wasn't complete garbage but certainly wasn't good. WR's & TE's were a little rough, although the playing conditions are probably more at fault. RB's were good outside of the fumble and holding call that cost us the game. QB spot is an embarrassment. I don't know how we haven't gotten better play out of our QB's. Biggest issue is the offensive structure and play calling. O'Korn panics when things don't open up immediately, yet we didn't try many quick routes or crossing routes against MSU's cover 4. MSU has been great against plays that take time to develop but have struggled against quick-hitting plays. Of course, we didn't take advantage of that (we ran a few traps and toss-cracks that worked but didn't expand on it).

I have to wonder if things would have been different if the playing conditions weren't so terrible, but the game shouldn't be that close to begin with.

The team this year was just overrated from the start. The offense, as far as college football half teams go, is one of the worst in the country. The defense, on the other hand, is one of the better units in the country. 

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year and the hype train took off a little bit after they beat Florida.

14 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Sean Magee 

Interesting.  The Dudek one made me think right away that it was just a guy he had been banging on the table for finally getting an offer but maybe it was something more?  

Personally I am hoping both him and Dillon Spalding end up in a similar spot.  Both seem like guys we could get extremely quickly towards NSD if we know we have spots available.  From the tape I am a fan of both guys but with spots tight I am wondering how it plays out.  Your thoughts on the offer yesterday to Oweh?

Oweh is a freaky talent for sure. Going to need a lot of development, but he's definitely the kind of guy worth the gamble because if he hits, he's a 6-6 freak who can play WDE. Kind of surprised they didn't offer earlier, but Oweh seems fairly interested, and they'll get a chance to impress him. Supposed to be an academic kid, so he and his family will probably like what they see. Going to have to make up a lot of ground on OSU and PSU though.

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Oweh is a freaky talent for sure. Going to need a lot of development, but he's definitely the kind of guy worth the gamble because if he hits, he's a 6-6 freak who can play WDE. Kind of surprised they didn't offer earlier, but Oweh seems fairly interested, and they'll get a chance to impress him. Supposed to be an academic kid, so he and his family will probably like what they see. Going to have to make up a lot of ground on OSU and PSU though.

That's about what I was thinking too.  My dream finish on the defensive line would be:

2 out of Tyler Friday, Michael Thompson, Rick Sandidge

1 out of Eyabi Anoma, Ronnie Perkins, Jayson Oweh

The chances of pulling anyone in that second group is pretty remote but I think we could actually land 2 out of the first one.