Raiders Training Camp MegaThread 2017

Silver&Black88

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Well, yeah.  You had it in for Obi from the start.  I liked Kupp as a 3rd rounder, Kamara was intriguing. @daineraider its really not about taking sides.  For round 2 it was any of Obi, McMillan, or Cunningham for me. Can't deny that S would have been the sore spot otherwise though.  Maybe I didn't know the class well enough though.

Idk how Obi can't excite. I haven't even seen a 6'4 safety who can play both safety spots, moves so smoothly, can even play press corner, and puts up combine numbers like Obi did. His position coach, who was with Harrison Smith, called him the most talented safety he had ever worked with.

And we got him in the late 2nd...

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Idk how Obi can't excite. I haven't even seen a 6'4 safety who can play both safety spots, moves so smoothly, can even play press corner, and puts up combine numbers like Obi did. His position coach, who was with Harrison Smith, called him the most talented safety he had ever worked with.

And we got him in the late 2nd...

I think a lot of people just look at his H/W/S and the fact he isn't known for being a massive hitter or putting up freakish stats, he must purely be an athletic guy with minimal skill. That is very far from the truth. He is a very good player with absolutely incredible measurables.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think a lot of people just look at his H/W/S and the fact he isn't known for being a massive hitter or putting up freakish stats, he must purely be an athletic guy with minimal skill. That is very far from the truth. He is a very good player with absolutely incredible measurables.

When I look at secondary players, I look for instincts and his lack for me. He's often late to react and has to see it, before he can make a decision on it. That is what I took away watching a lot of UCONN. I don't care if he's a massive hitter. Size doesn't matter there. What I want to see out of him is a guy who's quick to react and can diagnose a play. If he can develop that, with his size... sky is the limit. If not, you're got another Taylor Mays type player.

Archived