Stefanski to stay as QB Coach

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Honestly must not be planning on DeFlippo staying long.

i think that's quite a jump, that may not be accurate.

DeFlip would have signed off on this so wants Stefanski on board, probably for continuity.

i see it as a good thing.

Just now, vike daddy said:

i think that's quite a jump

Jump yes, but remember DeFlippo was already getting looks as a HC this year. 

If we can thrive under him I wouldn’t expect DeFlippo to be around all that long. 

One or two more years and another system for Stefanski to learn under.

It is a very good thing.

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

thoughts?

I don't care for holding a coach hostage that has an opportunity at a promotion. It isn't a great way to maintain high morale in the building. Even coaches that didn't have the opportunity to leave see this happening and realize it is only a matter of time until they are the one in that position.

Doesn't feel right that a team can block what is really a move up just because all "assistant" coach positions are viewed as lateral moves. Feels even more wrong after Stefanski was passed over by the Vikings for their OC then is denied an opportunity to get that job elsewhere. Definitely feel a little jilted as a Giants fan. 

5 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I don't care for holding a coach hostage that has an opportunity at a promotion. It isn't a great way to maintain high morale in the building. Even coaches that didn't have the opportunity to leave see this happening and realize it is only a matter of time until they are the one in that position.

Could very well be Stefanski wanted to stay and didn’t want to turn down Shurmur. Hiding out there without ever really calling plays, what are you accomplishing. Really would be just another coach there. 

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Could very well be Stefanski wanted to stay and didn’t want to turn down Shurmur. Hiding out there without ever really calling plays, what are you accomplishing. Really would be just another coach there. 

Yeah, that is a definite possibility. If so, he doesn't fit into the category that I don't care for: holding a coach hostage that has an opportunity at a promotion.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

Yeah, that is a definite possibility. Then he doesn't fit into the category that I don't care for: holding a coach hostage that has an opportunity at a promotion.

For as long as Zimmer had to wait and try to get a head coaching job, I just find it hard that he would be a part responsible from holding another coach from improving his job title.

How long is Zim going to coach? Love the guy and I want him to stay as long as he loves it, but it is pragmatic to recognize that he is 61 already. Given that he has already experienced some health issues, he may have already had preliminary long term discussions with upper management. I am confident that we aren't making any contingency plans official, but I see it as likely that Slick Rick could also be lining up in-house candidates that could succeed Zim should he decide to drop the mic and walk away after we win the dance down in Hotlanta next year!

Archived