Stefanski to stay as QB Coach

gopherwrestler

12 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

What other health issues has he went thru other than getting poked in the eye and having some surgeries from it.

realize it was a little more serious than a “poke” but I’m talking health related issues?

Its a fair point that the only known health issue is his eyes I suppose, but he did have 8 surgeries. 8 surgeries is almost always a significant issue, whether on one body part or several.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I love that he's staying but I hope there is not any hostility or bad feelings since the OC job seemed to be his in NY.

Paul Allen made a good point on his show yesterday that while it might initially lead to more money, it could limit him down the line. If he is the O.C. but shurmur calls the plays, he won't get much credit. Kind of like George Edwards with Mike Zimmer. It may lead either to a better O.C. job in Minnesota if Deflippo leaves, or somewhere else.

I also bet they reward him a little bit with some more money. I don't think they do this if it was going to cause a major issue with Stefanski 

3 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Paul Allen made a good point on his show yesterday that while it might initially lead to more money, it could limit him down the line. If he is the O.C. but shurmur calls the plays, he won't get much credit. Kind of like George Edwards with Mike Zimmer. It may lead either to a better O.C. job in Minnesota if Deflippo leaves, or somewhere else.

I also bet they reward him a little bit with some more money. I don't think they do this if it was going to cause a major issue with Stefanski 

I agree.  It depends how long DeFlippo stays. If he becomes a head coach before long, I feel like Kevin will have a quicker path to becoming a head coach from staying here. Unless DeFlippo replaces Zimmer

Not to derail this thread of it being about Sefanski, but I think this means we are going to see Case Keenum stick around for another year or two while we work up either Teddy or a rookie QB. Either way, I like the move and don’t see it at all unethical. 

Archived