Favorite movie soundtrack(s)

KManX89

I'm not much of a soundtrack listener nowadays, but one film soundtrack I enjoyed was the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack. That one holds a special place in my heart for having 2 original songs sung by 2 of my favorite vocalists kicking off the album as well as a third written specifically for the film (dat chrous, man):

I also really enjoyed the Queen of the Damned OST. I believe it deserves an honorable mention for the 5 original songs written and performed by Jonathan Davis that couldn't make it onto the album for contractual reasons:

61VSEjNmYeL.jpg

If you like classic rock, Dazed and Confused is the GOAT.

Highway Star, Sweet Emotion, Slow Ride, The Hurricane, Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo, School's Out, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Tush, Jim Dandy, Right Place Wrong Time, Stranglehold, Cherry Bomb, Low Rider, Rock and Roll All Night, Tuesday's Gone, Paranoid, Free Ride, Never Been Any Reason, and i know im missing some. EPIC soundtrack.

I'm much more into orchestral scores for movies than soundtracks that feature popular music from the time it was released.

Gladiator
Raiders of the Lost Ark
ET
The Adventrures of Robin Hood
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Rocky
Gone with the Wind
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Godfather
Jurassic Park

Hans Zimmer may have the GOAT score with Gladiator, but John Williams is clearly the GOAT film score composer.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm much more into orchestral scores for movies than soundtracks that feature popular music from the time it was released.

Gladiator
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Godfather
Jurassic Park

I also prefer just orchestral soundtracks.

Those are some great picks, especially Lord of the Rings.

May just be semantics, but a lot of people are bringing up scores and not soundtracks.  At least by my definition, which may be wrong. 

As far as soundtracks, movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Remember the Titans and Twister are all great soundtracks. 

As far as scores, there are two that stand out above the rest.  Jurassic Park instantly brings the feels any time I hear that music.  Then there's The Thing, which is still the best score of all time in my opinion purely because of how simple, yet effective it is. 

Soundtracks / Scores are often better than the movie, & there are so many to choose from...

(John Williams delivered my two most iconic themes - Jaws (1975), & Jurassic Park (1992))

Akira (1988)

Ghost in the Shell (1995)

Patlabor 1,2,3 (1989, 1993, 2001)

Wings of Honneamise (1987)

The Elephant Man (1980)

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

The Great Silence (1968)  

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly (1966)

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

Enter the Dragon (1973)

The Piano (1993)