TCMD Ravens War Room

SirA1

So we'll see if I get my 1st round of FA targets.

I went with the following. Nothing too crazy contract wise so we'll see if I get any bites.

ILB Preston Brown - From reading some of your offseason threads seemed like someone other than Correa would work better with Mosley.

WR - Paul Richardson - For obvious reasons

RT - Chris Hubbard - Austin Howard replacement and can also play all along the OL if I can get an OT in the draft.

Edit struck out on all three so we'll see how round 2 goes.

Round 2 wasn't much better as people are overpaying for most guys. Spent about $2M in cap space.

landed WR Brandon Coleman as a Redzone target and big Slot option.

Resigned DE Brent Urban to a 1 year prove it deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Pick 1.16 - Denzel Ward CB The Ohio State

Went BPA since Ridley went one pick before to Arizona.

Gives Baltimore a good trio of young CB's for when they move on from Carr in 2019. 

6 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Pick 1.16 - Denzel Ward CB The Ohio State

Went BPA since Ridley went one pick before to Arizona.

Gives Baltimore a good trio of young CB's for when they move on from Carr in 2019. 

That will make CB one crowded position though, but I can get behind it and the reasoning. We could be looking at both Jaylen Hill and Jimmy Smith as later additions to the roster next season as they could start on IR. Humphrey, Young, Carr and Canady would be the 4 immediate starters with Ward being an unknown. Both him and Young could also opt to play outside corner, while Canady might be able to be a backup at safety, so it gives us some flexibility.

Archived