We built this city on your hot takes!!!!!!! (Bad Hot Takes Game)

Blahstoise

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's not an exact quote from me, but I certainly had similar feelings. Back-up QB's hadn't really mattered since Tom Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe until Foles and Keenum this year. Hell, after the Raider game I'm pretty sure re-instated the fact that our next backup QB should be a talented Round 3/4/5 rookie on a rookie deal, so we can spend more money WR, LB, etc since backup QB's mostly just look like Foles did vs the Raiders or they look like Brett Hundley. Over the last 5 weeks however, I have changed my opinion!

I still think we should trade Foles though. Strike a deal while the iron is hot! Sudfeld can hold it down for 2-3 weeks if Wentz isn't immediately ready to start (I think Wentz will be good to go week 1 though. Why? I don't know, I just feel good about it). 

Frankly the content isn't what I based my guess on haha. Just felt like the way the post was typed was either like you, ninja, or realmccoy. I feel like pretty much everyone had the same opinion of backup qbs before this season.

8 minutes ago, Blahman88 said:

I have to disagree. I don't think a career as a high school quarterback is any preparation for playing offensive tackle in the NFL. I like how he played in college, and make no mistake he had a very nice collegiate career. But with that being said the professional level is a completely different animal. 

Honestly, if I'm being asked to put money on a guy with 2 years of OT experience in college against professional defensive ends, linebackers, and schemes designed to confuse, I'm putting all my money on the defensive side of the ball every single time.

got to be 808.. idk y

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Maybe just a matter of semantics, but I don't think any of these have even been hot takes. They're well thought out opinions that just turned out wrong. 

I consider this a hot take:

*Eagles defense lets up 30 points after 12 weeks of allowing 10 PPG

"This Eagles defense is awful!"

You get -5 points for questioning the Gamesmaster

On 2/10/2018 at 4:12 PM, Blahman88 said:

We had a hot takes thread a while back, it's now time for people to apologise for their past takes.

I'm going to go back in time and find a hot take, all you have to do is guess who said it. I'll do one a day and you get a point if you get it right.

So.............today's hot take, who said this?

"This is so stupid. 

We are going to take a cap hit of 7 million for cutting Daniel and then pay Foles 5.5 million? 

So, our back up QB is costing us 12.5 million this year. 

Why is Foles even getting so much money to be a back-up QB? Is he still living off that fluke season? 

Thought we would have learned after giving that bad contract to Chase. Confused"

Leaderboard!

8 hours ago, Blahman88 said:

I'm calling it, no points scored........it was @TheRealMcCoy

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586718&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Half way down the page.

Everyone should know by now that when there is harping on contracts its probably me... lol

24 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

I'm calling Jroc on the LJ 'hot take'. 

Nope. Unless I was drunk. I didn't even know he was a high school QB. College scouting isn't much my forte so I usually stay quiet and read around that time of year. I remember being lukewarm on this pick because wasnt he the 3rd T off the board? I thought we reached. I wanted Ansah or even Mingo. 

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:
7 hours ago, eagles18 said:

I’m picking nabbs or danger 

True. They both are most likely to be digging around other forums

Negative Ghost Riders, this pattern is full.

I've always said Keep Lane at RT no matter what. Always like the pick.

As for Foles Money is never my concern. I leave that stuff to the professionals. Nor is starting a Rookie QB with zero NFL regular season Snaps in the playoffs.

Next ?

Archived