General Final Fantasy Thread

Someone asked if we could do this on the other forum and it made me think I'd be good to start one here for when things start out.

So we can speak about any of the games from the series as a whole on one thread. Seems like it would save space and make for good discussion.

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I need to finish 12.  I pulled out my PS2 a few months ago and got like 40-50 hours into but never finished it.  Also I bought 15 a few months ago but never started it.  

I've played through 7 & 10 so many times it isn't funny.  

I'm playing twelve right now. This remaster is incredible. You should invest in a PS4 copy.

The Pharos scene got me again.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

@Supersuavesky Did you play 13?  I played it once all the way through, I thought it was solid but its not one that I've had the desire to replay.  

Yes, just took to long to get through the game. Felt too much of a slog as opposed to a fun grind.

I even brought the sequel but never played it. Think I have it still in the wrapper too.

1 minute ago, Supersuavesky said:

Yes, just took to long to get through the game. Felt too much of a slog as opposed to a fun grind.

I even brought the sequel but never played it. Think I have it still in the wrapper too.

Ya it was a beautiful game visually, but too linear and pretty boring overall plot and characters IMO.  

I think the failings of XIII and XV are part of the reason the remaster of XII is doing so well. People are seeing it in a different light. XV especially was a problem giving that they took so long for it to be complete and basically still didn't accomplish what they set out to do. Bioshock Infinite had that same problem as well.

3 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

I think the failings of XIII and XV are part of the reason the remaster of XII is doing so well. People are seeing it in a different light. XV especially was a problem giving that they took so long for it to be complete and basically still didn't accomplish what they set out to do. Bioshock Infinite had that same problem as well.

Hmm, I actually really liked Bioshock Infinite.

I want to say I want to give Final Fantasy 12 another shot. I borrowed it from a friend in HS and just didn't like the battle system. (It felt weird to move, but not be able to attack). I'm older and have a better understanding of how games work, but in reality, I still have Persona 5 where I have like 50 more hours to go probably lol.