General Final Fantasy Thread

• 3 months later...

I threw in FFXV again because I had never finished it during my initial run through. 

My god, this game is horrific in context of game play. It must not have bothered me as much the first run through, but playing it through now, I'm flabbergasted and just how bad the small things that make up the core game play are. Some pretty long load times. Camera work and navigation is some of the worst I have ever played. Even the exploration movement of the characters is wonky and unfriendly. It's a really a shame, because a lot of the stuff is really fun, but the standard stuff is just brutal. 

On 12/19/2019 at 2:31 PM, Forge said:

I threw in FFXV again because I had never finished it during my initial run through. 

My god, this game is horrific in context of game play. It must not have bothered me as much the first run through, but playing it through now, I'm flabbergasted and just how bad the small things that make up the core game play are. Some pretty long load times. Camera work and navigation is some of the worst I have ever played. Even the exploration movement of the characters is wonky and unfriendly. It's a really a shame, because a lot of the stuff is really fun, but the standard stuff is just brutal. 

If you didn't care about the trio, the gameplay would break most casual players.

I loved playing FFXV with my 12 year old daughter, but man, it was full of awful gameplay mechanics.  And the whole train / factory chapters were just broken.   But the story made me care, and the 3 characters, yeah I bought in.   They need to be better, though, if they want to keep a new generation hooked.

FFVI is still the peak of fun gameplay, FFVII of delivering a story / world with incredible scope & (for the time) presentation.   I hope they remembered that for FFVII remake.  Fingers crossed.

44 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If you didn't care about the trio, the gameplay would break most casual players.

I loved playing FFXV with my 12 year old daughter, but man, it was full of awful gameplay mechanics.  And the whole train / factory chapters were just broken.   But the story made me care, and the 3 characters, yeah I bought in.   They need to be better, though, if they want to keep a new generation hooked.

FFVI is still the peak of fun gameplay, FFVII of delivering a story / world with incredible scope & (for the time) presentation.   I hope they remembered that for FFVII remake.  Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I actually didn't mind the story and the characters (which more often than not is my biggest gripe about final fantasies), plus, I had watched the FFXV anime before I had started teh game way back when, and the the story / characters were  pretty much the entire reason I soldiered on and started it back up. I am on the last chapter now, used Umbra to kick back and go finish out some side quests (including the level 99 hunter one and the collaboration ones), but man, I was really thrown for a loop at how bad the a lot of the mechanics were. Which was really a shame, because the rest of the game is pretty fun. But I don't think I can be a true completionist on this one. The core work, what you spend most of your time doing, is just too frustrating to want to put the additional time into. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

New trailer. Trying to remember if I've ever been so excited for a game to come out...... The trailers just keep getting better and better and better. So much new stuff in this one.

So they did keep the crossdressing scene, was hoping they would.

• 2 weeks later...