General Final Fantasy Thread

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You could remake VIII and make it incredible. 

This would be the one that I would want. Fix that damn draw system, and let me see the updated Garden v Garden battle that happened at the end of disc one (I think it was the first disc) . Would look majestic. 

Man, it's going to be tough to swallow that FFVII Remake is likely going to be released in chapter format. 

On the other hand, it's such a huge story that nowadays, I don't think the 50-60+ hours needed to complete the story line in its entirety is something the mainstream gamer who wasn't raised on SNES is ready for (not the side quests & Weapons & Chocobo racing, that's easily 100+ hours). 

Who I am kidding, if it's even halfway-decent, they'll take my $$. 

It's only 2 mins more added, but the impressions on gameplay, and the improvements on dialogue...man.   Can't wait for 03.03.2020.

They haven't said how many yet, they said even they don't know... The first one is pretty much just Midgar, they said they are still working on what will go in the next one, where it will end, etc..

One thing to remember is that it isn't a carbon copy of the original with just modern graphics... They've added stuff to and changed some parts of the story... We won't know what until we play obviously but if the first one is just Midgar and it's two Blu Ray discs... I'd have to imagine they added a decent amount.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:35 AM, MikeT14 said:

Have they said how many chapters it would be? If I buy the game, do I get access to all the chapters? If it's $60 for one chapter, mannnnnnn...

It depends - if it's $60 and the chapter runs 25-30 hours long, with side quests & DLC added later if you are getting all 3-4 chapters....well, you get the idea.

Remember, FFVII seriously had 100+ hours to get the Main Story, and popular side quests (KOTRT/Gold Chocobo, not even talking Weapons lol) - I think my brother put in 200 hours to get it all.  Either way, no game is putting in 100+ hours of gameplay/story any more as 1 game, BOTW as the only notable exception (and frankly, my wife/non-playing family kinda wishes it wasn't that long lol).

Edited by Broncofan

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It depends - if it's $60 and the chapter runs 25-30 hours long, with side quests & DLC added later if you are getting all 3-4 chapters....well, you get the idea.

Remember, FFVII seriously had 100+ hours to get the Main Story, and popular side quests (KOTRT/Gold Chocobo, not even talking Weapons lol) - I think my brother put in 200 hours to get it all.  Either way, no game is putting in 100+ hours of gameplay/story any more as 1 game, BOTW as the only notable exception (and frankly, my wife/non-playing family kinda wishes it wasn't that long lol).

Speaking of weapons, do you think they would add more in? Emerald and Ruby are tough but I want something different.

i used the W item glitch to beat them, don’t judge me

4 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Speaking of weapons, do you think they would add more in? Emerald and Ruby are tough but I want something different.

i used the W item glitch to beat them, don’t judge me

LOL, my brother did it old school before the item glitch was public.   He's married with 2 kids, 1 step kid & a grandson now lol.  So he'd probably do it the W item now too.

Given how they're expanding the Midgar story, it seems like low hanging fruit to add more Weapons.  They may not have been necessary, but the FFXV side quest list was loooooong.   And some of those battles were definitely Weapon-esque in length/difficulty.  So it's not like it's no longer in their playbook design-wise.

Edited by Broncofan

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

LOL, my brother did it old school before the item glitch was public.   He's married with 2 kids, 1 step kid & a grandson now lol.  So he'd probably do it the W item now too.

Given how they're expanding the Midgar story, it seems like low hanging fruit to add more Weapons.  They may not have been necessary, but the FFXV side quest list was loooooong.   And some of those battles were definitely Weapon-esque in length/difficulty.  So it's not like it's no longer in their playbook design-wise.

Well Midgar is only like 1/5 of the story. The Weapons were made to protect The earth if I’m remembering it right. They could easily make the weapon who attacks Junon resurrect and add another fight with Diamond.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:56 AM, Calvert28 said:

It's going by chapters? I hope this wont be a linear game considering the technology we have now for the sandbox style that's become the norm now days for these types of games. 

Fans would revolt if they left out certain sidequests.  The sidequests were just as much part of the magic of FF7 as the main story.

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fans would revolt if they left out certain sidequests.  The sidequests were just as much part of the magic of FF7 as the main story.

Yea there wouldn't be a point to the game unless I can get my a$$ kicked by the Ruby weapon like 500 times before I learn how to defeat it. Collecting the materia would be important too.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 8:15 AM, rob_shadows said:

They haven't said how many yet, they said even they don't know... The first one is pretty much just Midgar, they said they are still working on what will go in the next one, where it will end, etc..

One thing to remember is that it isn't a carbon copy of the original with just modern graphics... They've added stuff to and changed some parts of the story... We won't know what until we play obviously but if the first one is just Midgar and it's two Blu Ray discs... I'd have to imagine they added a decent amount.

Would be nuts if they killed off someone other than Aeris

• 2 months later...