General Final Fantasy Thread

5 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Wow, crazy timing.  The Humble store has all the FF games 50% off today.  Definitely picking at least one or two of them up tonight.  

LOL That's funny. Just do some research on which you might want. Some people like some b/c they are true open world, non-linear story lines while others don't particularly care for that but instead the character enjoyment and exp scheme etc etc. I guess it's ultimately what you like but honestly, I can't say I've played a bad FF game to be honest. 

I really enjoyed FFXII and FFXV but you said you wanted turn based so I wouldn't recommend them. 

38 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

LOL That's funny. Just do some research on which you might want. Some people like some b/c they are true open world, non-linear story lines while others don't particularly care for that but instead the character enjoyment and exp scheme etc etc. I guess it's ultimately what you like but honestly, I can't say I've played a bad FF game to be honest. 

I really enjoyed FFXII and FFXV but you said you wanted turn based so I wouldn't recommend them. 

Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking I might pick up 6 and 7 due to your recommendations and grab the remaster of X/X-2 just because I loved that game so much.  All in all its like $30 for those 3 games right now which is a steal. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking I might pick up 6 and 7 due to your recommendations and grab the remaster of X/X-2 just because I loved that game so much.  All in all its like $30 for those 3 games right now which is a steal. 

I'd hate you take my advice and they turn out to bust for you but a lot of others here and basic reviewers agree lol. Just make sure 6 is 3 in the US w/ Kefka being the villain. Japan has released like 20 FF games but we didnt get them all which is why the number scheme is so jacked up in the US lol. I heard good things about 10 but it's tough for me to go back to turn based b/c I enjoyed 12 and 15 so much. Live action opposed to turn based just makes you adjust and react so quicker ergo making it more challenging for me. You are right though, 3 games for that much is an absolute steal!! That's 150+ hours of gameplay lol.

All in all, I'll be interested in hearing what you think about 6(3) and 7 when you finish. Hope you enjoy!

On 8/9/2017 at 4:33 PM, flyers0909 said:

I'm thinking about grabbing FFX remastered for the PC.  It's the only FF game I ever played and I sunk so many hours into it, I'd love to play it again. 

Lucky for you, it just got a 50% off deal through the Humble Bundle store.

(Edit)

I see you already saw. Buy VI. You'll thank me later. By far the best game of the series. 

9 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I ended up grabbing VI, VII, and X.  I started VI tonight and put about an hour in, I'm really liking it so far.  I should get some good time in tomorrow. 

Awesome. I love that storyline and characters. Kefka is a great villain also.I think the last time i played it, I put it 60+ hours on it so you definitely have a good amount of time ahead of you.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:54 PM, JTagg7754 said:

To each their own. I remember 6 (3) being one of those "video games aren't supposed to make me feel feelings" lol. I hope they remake it at some point. I also will be buying the 7 remake (whenever it comes out) the day of. I haven't played it in forever but I just remember enjoying it very much!

CHrono Trigger games were great!! If we're getting back that far though, I'll suggest Secret of Mana and Star Tropics games lol

The funny part is that I will definitely buy 7 when it comes out on the remake. I totally dig the mythos of 7, I just didn't care for the game too much. But I played Crisis Core and dug the back story, I loved and own Advent Children on blu ray. So it's a weird love / hate thing with 7. I didn't care for the game, but liked the world. 

2 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I still can't finish XV. It's just boring to me. Nothing about the game grabs my attention. What's worse is outside of Cooking, the skills are pointless.

Personally, I just loved the fast paces fighting style. Absolutely drew me in. The hunts as well were all kinds of fun. Only thing I found odd was it was so hard to die in the game. I think I only died twice. Once fighting the end boss and one other random time when I was still learning everything.

The fishing skill isn't pointless at all assuming you fish lol. There are some extremely difficult fish to catch and if you're a low level, it's impossible.  I did every fishing quest w/ the exception of the last one. 

XV was semi fun, but it didn't draw me in as much as I wanted it too. I only ended up playing maybe 30 hours, but got passed the first map area into the 2nd. I did enjoy how large the map was. Maybe someday I'll revisit it. I'm still patiently waiting for the remake of 7. 

12 hours ago, NickButera said:

XV was semi fun, but it didn't draw me in as much as I wanted it too. I only ended up playing maybe 30 hours, but got passed the first map area into the 2nd. I did enjoy how large the map was. Maybe someday I'll revisit it. I'm still patiently waiting for the remake of 7. 

I was into XV for a while - put in some good hours, but didn't get too far into the story. Was mainly doing various quests and the like. I had fun with the battle engine, but didn't care much for the characters or really even the story up until the point I played, which was a little odd given that I really enjoyed the prequel anime. I know for sure that I'll come back to it eventually and finish the game, but it's been on the backburner for quite some time and likely will remain there for the foreseeable future.