Bucs hire dline coach Brentson Buckner

bucsfan333

So our players know a change is needed but the loyalties Koetter has are more important. So basically, unless players say they won’t play for someone and demand change, coach won’t make one. Ha. I think we can be decent under Koetter, maybe win a playoff game or two, but with this way of doing things we’ll never win anything worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So our players know a change is needed but the loyalties Koetter has are more important. So basically, unless players say they won’t play for someone and demand change, coach won’t make one. Ha. I think we can be decent under Koetter, maybe win a playoff game or two, but with this way of doing things we’ll never win anything worthwhile.

I’d buy it if I knew most of our DL is returning. Right now, I think the report is bogus. 

1. Spence and McCoy are probably the only DL that are coming back. 

2. Gholston, Baker are cut candidates. Ayers and McDonald probably won’t return. You really think koetter and licht will listen to players when they can’t even have communication right now? Also these guys are all probably gone so it’s irrelevant.

7 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’d buy it if I knew most of our DL is returning. Right now, I think the report is bogus. 

1. Spence and McCoy are probably the only DL that are coming back. 

2. Gholston, Baker are cut candidates. Ayers and McDonald probably won’t return. You really think koetter and licht will listen to players when they can’t even have communication right now? Also these guys are all probably gone so it’s irrelevant.

Cutting Gholston and Ayers would be silly. We're not gonna be able to find comparable replacements, or upgrades. And we can't rely solely on rookies.

And letting McDonald walk is silly for the same reason. And he was one of our only decent dlinemen last year.

I get that our dline was awful. But in order to let them all go we need to be able to upgrade. And it doesn't look like we can right now.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:33 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Cutting Gholston and Ayers would be silly. We're not gonna be able to find comparable replacements, or upgrades. And we can't rely solely on rookies.

And letting McDonald walk is silly for the same reason. And he was one of our only decent dlinemen last year.

I get that our dline was awful. But in order to let them all go we need to be able to upgrade. And it doesn't look like we can right now.

Gholston is definitely a cut candidate, in fact I'll be surprised if he isn't cut. His salary alone makes him this, as we owe nothing in guaranteed money. He provides virtually no pass rush from a premium position and his game/skill set  is easily replaceable.

Ayers at least has the potential and track record of actually getting to the QB. I think he stays around to mentor and rotate...

I agree though, we're not going to be moving on from like 5 guys listed a top our depth chart on our Dline currently though as someone said. That is highly unlikely...

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Gholston is definitely a cut candidate, in fact I'll be surprised if he isn't cut. His salary alone makes him this, as we owe nothing in guaranteed money. He provides virtually no pass rush from a premium position and his game/skill set  is easily replaceable.

Ayers at least has the potential and track record of actually getting to the QB. I think he stays around to mentor and rotate...

I agree though, we're not going to be moving on from like 5 guys listed a top our depth chart on our Dline currently though as someone said. That is highly unlikely...

Gholston isn't a great pass rusher. I agree. But we also take him out of the game now on third downs, which certainly doesn't help. He used to get a handful of sacks every year.

On 2/12/2018 at 6:33 AM, bucsfan333 said:

They had two sacks combined. Dontari Poe had more and he’s a run stuffing nose tackle. 

Heck add swaggy baker in there and that’s 2.5 sacks for guys who’s made 5 million, 7.5 million and I believe 5.5 million last year. 

Excellent ROI there. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

They had two sacks combined. Dontari Poe had more and he’s a run stuffing nose tackle. 

Heck add swaggy baker in there and that’s 2.5 sacks for guys who’s made 5 million, 7.5 million and I believe 5.5 million last year. 

Excellent ROI there. 

Ayers was still among the best in the league in pressures. And Gholston didn't play third downs, so he had less chances to actually rush the QB.

I agree we could stand to upgrade both guys. But with who? I don't see anyone out there that can. And money isn't an issue. So I don't see the need to create more holes than we already have.

Archived