Bucs hire dline coach Brentson Buckner

bucsfan333

Good hire. Buckner is who I wanted us to hire. He was recently a player which I think is good and also has a good track record of getting production at the NFL level. Two very important boxes checked. 

I wonder if we keep Baker if we are possibly doing more 3-4 looks. Honestly, if he isn’t good for the locker room, he needs to go regardless.

Good hire again. 

6 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I do think we are going with more of a hybrid look. When you think about it, Gholston is a 3-4 end no doubt about it. Stevie T can play nose and Spence is better as a edge OLB. 

Yup. Which would make Baker more valuable and Ayers the odd man out?

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Baker should be shown the door. He was a waste. No effort and caused a lot of issues in the locker room for being lazy. 

I agree. But he played his best football in a 3/4. And he was actually good doing it in Washington. It's not his fault we only played him on first and second down.

McCoy, McDonald, and Stevie T will be our only DTs. Gholston would essentially be one in the 3/4. But we'd still need more.

Now if we can steal Lotulelei from Carolina, then, yes. 

49 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Didnt know where to put this, but this is a very big year for Spence.  I believe he has above average pasd rushing skills, but I hope we dont look back and say a great talent just couldnt stay healthy   Sigh, Cadillac Williams.

I was thinking Da'Quan Bowers.

If Buckner can at the very least get the dline to stay in their rush lanes, I think the defense will look better.  Who can forget Eli Manning s run around the right side of the oline for a TD with nobody around.  If GMC is going to rush to the outside shoulder of the guard, someone else needs to be in the A or B to prevent the QB from simply stepping up.  The spacing was horrible with the blitz packages with dlinemen in the way of blitzers.  Certainly more talent is needed and I have no doubt they will spend and draft.  Job 1 for Buckner is to get this unit just to do their job,

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If Buckner can at the very least get the dline to stay in their rush lanes, I think the defense will look better.  Who can forget Eli Manning s run around the right side of the oline for a TD with nobody around.  If GMC is going to rush to the outside shoulder of the guard, someone else needs to be in the A or B to prevent the QB from simply stepping up.  The spacing was horrible with the blitz packages with dlinemen in the way of blitzers.  Certainly more talent is needed and I have no doubt they will spend and draft.  Job 1 for Buckner is to get this unit just to do their job,

Hopefully he can convince Smitty to end the stunts and twists. And to never, ever again use McCoy as a NT.

Archived