E3 2018 and upcoming titles

riceman80

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I haven't heard anything about skipping this gen. But it makes sense with Howard's "the technology isn't there yet" statements.

That part's not an official statement, that was just my assumption based off the fact that they said they're making 2 other big games first. https://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-6-bethesda-release-game/ This article and reconfirmation from Bethesda is from 4 days ago. 

Unless you think they can release those 2 games AND ES6 before 2020 when the PS5 likely comes out then it seems almost like a sure thing that the series is skipping this gen. Makes sense with how long the sales legs were on Skyrim and how many versions they've released. Also the technology part like you said, I'm thinking they're waiting until they have a new engine done. 

20 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Multi consoles confirmations

Kingdom Hearts 3(release date announcement), Cyberpunk 2077, Madden 19, NBA Live 19, Fifa 19, NHL 19, Anthem, new Star Wars game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Skull & Bones, Shemue 3, WWE 19

PS4 confirmations

PSVR, The Last Of Us 2, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Shadows Die Twice, Yakuza Kiwami 2, FF VII(remastered)

Xbox One confirmations

HoloLens update, Halo 6, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3

Nintendo confirmations

New Kirby game, new Yoshi game, Metroid Prime 4, Forza Horizon 4, The World Ends With You(Final remix), Bayonetta 3

Rumors

Fable, Gears of War 5, Pokemon Stars, Animal Crossing, new Battlefield game, new Splinter Cell game, Rainbow Six Siege 2, Super Smash Bros Switch, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Elder Scrolls 6, Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword (HD remaster), Luigi's Mansion 3

Would Buy
Will Check Out
Not Happening

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I haven't heard anything about skipping this gen. But it makes sense with Howard's "the technology isn't there yet" statements.

Technology for what?  What are they planning on doing other than VR? 

And that's intriguing that Bethesda is coming out with two major games before ES6.  Hadn't heard that.  Fallout 4 is the best Fallout ever in my opinion thanks to the settlement building aspect.  Hope that comes back in 5. 

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

No clue. I'm hoping it's something to do with AI. But it's probably VR.

AI would be nice.  Elder Scrolls to me are just so bland.  There's no real appeal to them other than how massive the open worlds are, but that gets boring to me.  The quests are repetitive, there's not much variation to how the game can end, your character doesn't really develop, the storytelling isn't all that great and you have no companions... I'm surprised by how many people prefer it to games like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Mass Effect etc. 

I'd jump right back in if they were to do something interesting or intriguing other than VR. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

AI would be nice.  Elder Scrolls to me are just so bland.  There's no real appeal to them other than how massive the open worlds are, but that gets boring to me.  The quests are repetitive, there's not much variation to how the game can end, your character doesn't really develop, the storytelling isn't all that great and you have no companions... I'm surprised by how many people prefer it to games like Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Mass Effect etc. 

I'd jump right back in if they were to do something interesting or intriguing other than VR. 

I'd imagine they continue the world building aspect like they did in Fallout. Howard is a huge fan of Minecraft, and that's where he got the idea. Aside from that, I have no idea what to expect.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd imagine they continue the world building aspect like they did in Fallout. Howard is a huge fan of Minecraft, and that's where he got the idea. Aside from that, I have no idea what to expect.

You're both right. Bethesda (aside from FO4) is really good at letting you be whoever the heck you want to be, Open world exploration, and world building. But their quests and narrative leave much to be desired. I'm actually playing through Witcher 3 for the first time right now and they're leaps and bounds better on those aspects.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're both right. Bethesda (aside from FO4) is really good at letting you be whoever the heck you want to be, Open world exploration, and world building. But their quests and narrative leave much to be desired. I'm actually playing through Witcher 3 for the first time right now and they're leaps and bounds better on those aspects.

One reason i love Witcher 3 so much is its insane how many different ways the story can go. I dont think theres even been a console game with that many variables in it to alter storylines, both minor and major to the plot.

Im really hoping that ES6 takes a lesson from the Witcher and Fallout franchises in that aspect

13 hours ago, OleXmad said:

It's kingdom hearts, of course it won't. It will get delayed to 2019 and like FF15 it will be totally not finished when it does release. Please prove me wrong Square.

How many delays is too many lol? Its been like 10 delays and over 10 years. Im beyond tired of waiting. My hope is that the story and number of worlds are at least near double the size of kh2 with how long its taken to develop. The combat system already looks VASTLY expanded so i hope the rest is too

4 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

One reason i love Witcher 3 so much is its insane how many different ways the story can go. I dont think theres even been a console game with that many variables in it to alter storylines, both minor and major to the plot.

Im really hoping that ES6 takes a lesson from the Witcher and Fallout franchises in that aspect

Well Chris Avellone (the guy who wrote for FO New Vegas) is back and working withe Bethesda supposedly so there's hope yet.

Just now, riceman80 said:

Last time I brought this up people tried to pick it apart saying that there could be bad endings or different outcomes in Skyrim.  They're not on the level of Witcher 3 or even Fallout 4.  Witcher 3, you could legitimately get one of the most depressing endings to a video game ever if you do things wrong.  Seemingly standard quests could literally lead to major characters dying.  Even Mass Effect three had choices from ME1 show up in ME3, so as bad as the ending options were for ME3, that element is much, much, much better than any of the Elder Scrolls games have ever achieved.

Fallout 4 I don't like as much as Mass Effect or Witcher 3 just because the side characters and your interactions with them and how those interactions can go are so lacking compared to Witcher 3 or Mass Effect. 

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Xbox's list of exclusives look terrible.  I'm really looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3 the most.  I hope that game actually releases this year.

Xbox always has like 20 games by lesser known developers at E3. They seem to do a few heavy hits and then flood with a bunch indie/small development games.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

How many delays is too many lol? Its been like 10 delays and over 10 years. Im beyond tired of waiting. My hope is that the story and number of worlds are at least near double the size of kh2 with how long its taken to develop. The combat system already looks VASTLY expanded so i hope the rest is too

I'm setting the maximum at it gets released in December of 2019. 

With going on 6 years of development I'd imagine it will have at least 12 worlds.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Yeah, the dialogue and writing in FO4 is some of the worst I've ever seen, well at least in an RPG. It completely threw me off. 

14 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I'm setting the maximum at it gets released in December of 2019. 

With going on 6 years of development I'd imagine it will have at least 12 worlds.

Tetsuya Nomura has said repeatedly it WILL be out this year, which i believe considering he went years without even giving up that info. I expect late Fall/Winter.

I hope theres more than 12. So far we have seen Olympus, Twilight Town, Yen Sid's Tower, Kingdom of Corona, San Fransokyo, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Destiny Islands, and Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion. Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden is probably also a lock.

Then there's the recurrings such as Agrabah, Atlantica, Neverland, 100 Acre Wood, Halloweentown, Traverse Town, and possibly The World That Never Was. Plus im hoping for a surprise world or two.

So im definitely hoping for more worlds.

Archived