E3 2018 and upcoming titles

riceman80

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Didn't need 35 minutes of a 45 minute show on Smash.

But they needed time to clarify that Wii Fit Trainer has a new face lol.

In reality, I actually liked it since Im interested in smash, but don't want to look up stuff, but that was pretty bad lol.

But it did what it needed to get me to buy a Switch, announce a FE game. I loved the 3DS and when the Switch basically took over the mobile aspect, I knew I'd get a Switch eventually, but I just needed FE to be announced. I knew it'd come eventually, just needed confirmation.

Nintendo's presser might've been the most disappointing of them all, maybe even moreso than Square-Enix's. No Animal Crossing, no Metroid Prime 4, no Bayonetta 3. Super Mario Party was the only thing really new or surprising. 

And I thought for sure Bayo 3 would be shown off with the RP-M ESRB rating at the beginning of the show. 

That Mario Party game is probably gonna end up being the console seller for me.  Looks like they finally went back to what made the first 3 and 7 or 8 so much fun instead of all the stupid gimmick half-butted crap. 

17 hours ago, domonz said:

No update on Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Pretty disappointed.

Yeah, I was hoping to see more - but TBH, after what Square did with FFXV, I'd much rather they take longer and get a game that's actually complete to release.    FF XV should never have had those broken chapters at the end of the game, pretty clear they were rushed out - and then fixed on a patch afterwards.    And the Ignis DLC was a huge piece to release later.   

The challenge with FFVII is probably getting all those side quests into the current software, with the expanded graphics VII is a monster of a game to try and port over with next-gen graphics.   But when it comes out, as long as it's not a total disaster it's going to sell like hotcakes.   It doesn't have to worry about being rushed out to take advantage of waning interest - this one will have mega-interest no matter what.  Take your time, Square, and get it right.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, I was hoping to see more - but TBH, after what Square did with FFXV, I'd much rather they take longer and get a game that's actually complete to release.    FF XV should never have had those broken chapters at the end of the game, pretty clear they were rushed out - and then fixed on a patch afterwards.    And the Ignis DLC was a huge piece to release later.   

The challenge with FFVII is probably getting all those side quests into the current software, with the expanded graphics VII is a monster of a game to try and port over with next-gen graphics.   But when it comes out, as long as it's not a total disaster it's going to sell like hotcakes.   It doesn't have to worry about being rushed out to take advantage of waning interest - this one will have mega-interest no matter what.  Take your time, Square, and get it right.

Won't be shocked if it gets pushed into next gen, and becomes a launch game for PS5.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Won't be shocked if it gets pushed into next gen, and becomes a launch game for PS5.

LOL we seem to be having the same convo in 2 threads.  But yeah, I could see that.  It would be a huge cash cow and plant-the-flag foundation game for Sony.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That Mario Party game is probably gonna end up being the console seller for me.  Looks like they finally went back to what made the first 3 and 7 or 8 so much fun instead of all the stupid gimmick half-butted crap. 

IIRC it was because of Konami's acquisition of Hudson (the developers of the first 3 Mario Party games) that they couldn't use the original dice game format for later entries. I don't know what happened, but somehow, someway, it looks like it's returning to the original format.

I might actually be tempted to get this game now. 

58 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

LOL we seem to be having the same convo in 2 threads.  But yeah, I could see that.  It would be a huge cash cow and plant-the-flag foundation game for Sony.

Yeah, but the other one was more then just about Final Fantasy 7. I think there are a bunch of other games that could be pushed to next gen. For instance, there is a very strong rumor that Rocksteady is developing a Superman game, and I think I could be pushed to next gen. Same with the Avengers game that Square Enix is supposedly working on.

16 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, but the other one was more then just about Final Fantasy 7. I think there are a bunch of other games that could be pushed to next gen. For instance, there is a very strong rumor that Rocksteady is developing a Superman game, and I think I could be pushed to next gen. Same with the Avengers game that Square Enix is supposedly working on.

I was more commenting on the hive mind convo going on, it was just funny quoting each other in separate threads with similar ideas.    

Either way though, it's easy to see the benefit to Sony - more powerful hardware can take on a big game, and it gets them out of the gates in the next-gen race.    Avengers has a more finite timeline to being relevant, whereas FFVII can afford to wait until Square gets it right..and in Sony's mind, on the right platform lol.

20 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And Rocksteady's been teasing the hell out of their next game on Twitter, too. All signs pointed to it being shown at E3. It didn't happen and we're still left in the dark as to what it is or if we can even expect it this gen. 

It's too bad because an open world Superman game sounds dope as hell especially coming from the creators of the Arkham games.

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I know there's other amazing games that make the switch worth it, but MP might be the game that makes me purchase one.  That looked awesome. 

Archived