UPDATE: Reich & Colts AGREE TO TERMS, will be Colts HC

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

yea he's done well...could be a little better squeezing out talent...but one of the better RB coaches for sure.

Eh the timing didn't really match up all that well for a promotion. And he hasn't been coaching all that long...so I wouldn't hold that against him

Why not give Groh a chance? I think WR coaches will have a better luck at designing plays since they know routes so well. 

4 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Why not give Groh a chance? I think WR coaches will have a better luck at designing plays since they know routes so well. 

he could for sure...though considering what he did with what has been an abysmal group for years I'd rather he stay were he is at

Duce clearly has more impact on the offense than just a RB coach, like it or not. Maybe he's not ready for the OC but maybe he is. 

I think if you bring in a guy like Caldwell it'll be as an offensive assistant that can ease Duce into the OC spot and be a backup plan. 

Besides, did anyone of us really think that Frank was the guy responsible for the offense? It was a big collective. It's not like we lost a McVay or McDaniels. Doug, as much as this surprises me, has revealed himself to be the guy that makes the offense go. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

That's Franks choice not ballards though 

Not necessarily true.

Sometimes the GM pulls the strings to get coordinators in there. 

Like I really don't think Schwartz and Reich were just all Doug.

Ballard and Reich will probably be collaborate on the decision for OC, but I'm not sure its just Frank making the call.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not necessarily true.

Sometimes the GM pulls the strings to get coordinators in there. 

Like I really don't think Schwartz and Reich were just all Doug.

Ballard and Reich will probably be collaborate on the decision for OC, but I'm not sure its just Frank making the call.

Why take the job if you can't choose your own staff it's bad enough you are stuck with a defensive coordinator you didn't choose

53 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why would we make Duce the offensive coordinator?

I would go out and hire another up and coming offensive mind. Maybe look at the college ranks.

Maybe Duce is a good offensive mind, but I don't know. Haven't really heard anything like that mentioned about him.

I'll admit right now that I'm a little biased and look for QB coaches to promote to Offensive Coordinator.

Just cause they run the offense and usually are best from a X&O's perspective.

Duce has put in his time and then some for the Eagles and it is a lot harder for black coaches to rise up the ranks in the NFL, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

He may not be the greatest from a X&O's perspective, but I do know his players rave about him.

By all accounts he's a great motivator. You see how passionate he is on the sidelines in mic'd up clips he's in.

He probably has the leadership qualities to be a good head coach as long as he gets some good coordinators.

Archived