UPDATE: Reich & Colts AGREE TO TERMS, will be Colts HC

Kiltman

I would like to bring in Todd Downing Raiders Old OC coordinator. They fired the Oc the year prior so they wouldn’t lose Downing who was there Qb coach. He’s a young guy who can learn under doug.  For a OC I like Caldwell, Stafford always had great years under him. I also like Bevell and I think he will give us insight on Paul Richardson who I think will be a good free agent signing for us. Mike Mccoy is another one who is a good offensive mind,  he’s not the greatest play caller, but he won’t do that here. I wouldn’t mind Ben Mccado either... 

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I would like to bring in Todd Downing Raiders Old OC coordinator. They fired the Oc the year prior so they wouldn’t lose Downing who was there Qb coach. He’s a young guy who can learn under doug.  For a OC I like Caldwell, Stafford always had great years under him. I also like Bevell and I think he will give us insight on Paul Richardson who I think will be a good free agent signing for us. Mike Mccoy is another one who is a good offensive mind,  he’s not the greatest play caller, but he won’t do that here. I wouldn’t mind Ben Mccado either... 

mike mccoy is the OC in AZ i believe.

The first question to ask is... what does Doug want from his OC? We all know that Doug calls the plays. The offense was a collaboration of a lot of people's ideas. So it's not necessarily Doug's offense. But what was unique for both Reich and Flip were that they were both former QBs (IIRC) and they were essentially QB coaches. They worked heavily with the QBs and they were taking input from them.

That's essentially why I'm not sure Duce makes the jump up. I don't think he brings the Reich/Flip abilities to the table. So far he's the guy that rotates RBs and prepares them for the various packages. But is he an Xs and Os guy? But again it's not like he has had the chance to show his abilities. So I don't know if Duce can be OC. It's also possible the OC role changes. But I think Doug has a winning formula that worked beautifully and I'm a little apprehensive about messing that up. I hope he brings in other Reich/Flip types to replace them, i.e. former QBs who are strong Xs and Os guys.

8 minutes ago, Phire said:

The first question to ask is... what does Doug want from his OC? We all know that Doug calls the plays. The offense was a collaboration of a lot of people's ideas. So it's not necessarily Doug's offense. But what was unique for both Reich and Flip were that they were both former QBs (IIRC) and they were essentially QB coaches. They worked heavily with the QBs and they were taking input from them.

That's essentially why I'm not sure Duce makes the jump up. I don't think he brings the Reich/Flip abilities to the table. So far he's the guy that rotates RBs and prepares them for the various packages. But is he an Xs and Os guy? But again it's not like he has had the chance to show his abilities. So I don't know if Duce can be OC. It's also possible the OC role changes. But I think Doug has a winning formula that worked beautifully and I'm a little apprehensive about messing that up. I hope he brings in other Reich/Flip types to replace them, i.e. former QBs who are strong Xs and Os guys.

Bevell is a former college QB and was Dougs QB coach for a few years in the NFL. I think Doug wouldn't mind bringing him in. 

Listen I hate losing the continuity we've had as a Staff to the Players but, this has more to do with Wentz, then the overall Offense IMO.

Neither were calling plays. Yes I'm sure Their responsibility was to make sure everyone from the OL- RB- WR -TE coaches/players we're on the same page/plan Pederson had for the week. But once again Reich didn't have the responsibility of a Regular OC.

The other 4 Coaches pretty much handled their groups. So finding someone internal or outside that can communicate properly with them is key. But not as important as their eventual relationship with the QB Room!

Duce can be a OC. Hell Groh could be the OC. Neither is calling and installing game plans. That's DTM job!

Curious though to see who is brought in and if it's someone with a different mindset /system to add to the offense. Help add to Wentz's progression as a QB and to give NFL Defenses something else to worry about?

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Listen I hate losing the continuity we've had as a Staff to the Players but, this has more to do with Wentz, then the overall Offense IMO.

Neither were calling plays. Yes I'm sure Their responsibility was to make sure everyone from the OL- RB- WR -TE coaches/players we're on the same page/plan Pederson had for the week. But once again Reich didn't have the responsibility of a Regular OC.

The other 4 Coaches pretty much handled their groups. So finding someone internal or outside that can communicate properly with them is key. But not as important as their eventual relationship with the QB Room!

Duce can be a OC. Hell Groh could be the OC. Neither is calling and installing game plans. That's DTM job!

Curious though to see who is brought in and if it's someone with a different mindset /system to add to the offense. Help add to Wentz's progression as a QB and to give NFL Defenses something else to worry about?

Uh have you read anything about doug the past month? He collaborates with his guys to make game plans. So the next OC is important because that guy will be a solid part of the equation. 

Archived