Frank Reich taking over Indy. Agrees to 5 year deal.

TENINCH

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This just shows embodies the "what have you done for me lately" league that is the NFL. San Diego couldn't get this guy out fast enough. He was miserable as a play caller with Rivers and some talented skill positions. 

Now he's a HC? This is going to be a massive fail IMO. 

How much impact did Reich have on that offense with Pederson and DeFilippo in the building? That's the question.

Not sure he'll be calling plays in Indy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

How much impact did Reich have on that offense with Pederson and DeFilippo in the building? That's the question.

Not sure he'll be calling plays in Indy.

I'm sure he had some influence. To me, he's a Greg Olson type. Solid OC, QB guy but you don't want him as a play caller.

So if he's not calling plays, I like it a little more. But he still just doesn't have the demeanor of a HC to me. 

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

would've thought they'd hire Leslie Frazier. Oh well. He'll likely be a coach next year.

I think this is a solid move for Indianapolis. 

Great move, great move.

Some are already predicting that he'll be there forever!

Image result for The Thousand Year Reich

• Like 4

16 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Damn McDaniels really screwed over philly. I’m sure they would have liked to keep flip as their OC if they knew Reich would go to Indy. 

Flip said he was excited to be 1 of 32 playcallers  in the NFL so I don't think he would have stayed either way as soon as he was offered a chance to call plays. 

Seems like the colts tried to hire a great XOs coach who wasn't deemed to be a 'nice guy' (McDaniels) and instead hired a nice guy who doesn't seem like the best tactician (Reich). Interesting switch there, as neither candidate has any similar characteristics other than being offensive guys. 

Seems like Reich is in line with vrabel in the sense he will need a strong staff. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.