Al's 2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 (Please Leave Comments for Your Team)

AlNFL19

No way the Rams let Joyner go. They will slap the franchise tag on him if they have too. He is such as valuable player in that secondary, much more so than Tru Johnson. So I’m certain he stays with the Rams.

As for the draft pick, I wouldn’t mind Wynn. I think he is a center in which the Rams could use an upgrade over Sullivan who is a FA btw. I think the Rams could bring him back and if they do, I’d still think Wynn could be the future replacement for Sullivan because of his age. 

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No way the Rams let Joyner go. They will slap the franchise tag on him if they have too. He is such as valuable player in that secondary, much more so than Tru Johnson. So I’m certain he stays with the Rams.

As for the draft pick, I wouldn’t mind Wynn. I think he is a center in which the Rams could use an upgrade over Sullivan who is a FA btw. I think the Rams could bring him back and if they do, I’d still think Wynn could be the future replacement for Sullivan because of his age. 

I just used Fanspeak’s tool for free agents, so that’s why Joyner left. 

6 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

If that's all it would take for Foles I would pull the trigger yes.

It wouldn't, the Eagles have gotten more for less talent and the league is thirsty for Qbs more than ever.
They are also fine just not moving him too.

I'm not saying that as a greedy fan who think we are gonna get an unreasonable haul...they are gonna get at least a #1 equivalent in compensation you'd have to think.

Eagles have a lot of promising guys at CB that need time to develop...don't think they'll go there round one

Sidney Jones for all intents and purposes is our "1st round" CB this year after only finally getting activated Week 17.

With our roster situation we likely go playmaker on offense (WR or TE), adding to a stacked DL (DT very possible), or bolstering the LBs (which is our biggest need)..need better depth there.

I liked that you addressed LB in the 2nd...Kiser is a little limited in coverage...but it kinda fits what they do.
But that's probably too little in compensation for Foles

This is awful for the Browns. You don't take a RB #1, terrible positional value and with there being a solid chance of QBs being taking at 2 and 3 Barkley could be there at 4, and why would the team with the #1 pick in the draft walk away with the 4th best QB prospect?

For Cleveland - We have done this "Cute" don't draft the franchise QB, trade back, take the 2nd banana (insert pun here) garbage too many times in the past. Barkley will be good but I am willing to roll the dice that he'll be there at #4. Draft Darnold #1 and sign a bridge Vet for him to learn behind. If all these trades hold true, then Barkley will be there at #4. As for the 2nd round, forget Keys. At first I thought why not but someone quickly corrected me on him. Also I would rather have Cortland Sutton than Kirk. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

26 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I’ll try again after I get through a few more position grades. I see I hecked up the Browns a bit, so I’ll try to fix that. 

Yups. And fwiw, I could see the Browns drafting someone else in the second instead of WR if you have us sign Jarvis, though Kirk/Sutton are both nice value. 

Many Browns fans like myself are in favor of trading down at 4. Maybe that'd be the big trade down with the Bills.

@BrownsDog23 @Bonanza23 @MWil23 @Mastercheddaar @NudeTayne @mlucas12002

To all the Browns fans - if you drafted Darnold at one and the next two were Rosen and Chubb, would you trade down or grab Barkley? If it was Barkley and Chubb taken after would you trade down? I don’t want to screw up the second try for what should theoretically be the easiest team to get right (I mean, no. 1 pick and no. 4 pick? I better not mess that up again). Or would any of you prefer Rosen to Darnold despite his comments about not wanting to play in Cleveland?

5 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

To all the Browns fans - if you drafted Darnold at one and the next two were Rosen and Chubb, would you trade down or grab Barkley? If it was Barkley and Chubb taken after would you trade down? I don’t want to screw up the second try for what should theoretically be the easiest team to get right (I mean, no. 1 pick and no. 4 pick? I better not mess that up again). Or would any of you prefer Rosen to Darnold despite his comments about not wanting to play in Cleveland?

No one would hate if you took Barkley at 4.  That said, many of us would like a trade down for 21/22 plus either a 2nd or next year's first. It should be a prime trade spot with there being 3-4 top QBs this year.

4 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Most would like a trade down and then probably still get a guarantee in either Fitzpatrick OR Barkley, both of which would be great.

Archived