Al's 2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 (Please Leave Comments for Your Team)

AlNFL19

For Dallas, to many fans and "experts" are wanting Dallas to take a DT especially a 1 tech type. I will not say it won't happen because it did in 1991 but Marinelli the DC does not put the value on those guys so it is highly doubtful despite what is written that they do take one. Frankly, I unless Ridley or James is available at #19, I believe Dallas will trade down into the lower 20s and pick up an additional 2nd. Don't be surprised if it is New Orleans or Pittsburgh who could surprise with a QB pick.

In the 2nd round, again it is the fans and so called "experts" that believe Dallas has to take a TE early. They discard that the coaches believe Gathers and Jarwin will be more than sufficent with Witten still around. Look for Dallas to take a TE, someone like Schultz out of Stanford in the 4th but not before. 

Also Dallas will tender David Irving with a 2nd round choice and someone like the Colts will sign him, so I suspect Dallas will end up with a late 1st and 3 2nds. Could see Leighton Vander Esch LB out of Boise State in the 1st and then a guy like Chark WR LSU, Bryan DT Florida,  and a OG in the 2nd. 

Hate it for the Giants.

1. I'm assuming we signed Teddy for the vet minimum to be the backup. If not then its awful to sign an average player coming off a major injury to be our QBOTF.

2. The trade with the Bills is way too little to move down that many spots. If we are going be the draft chart it comes to the Giants 2600 to the Bills (800+780+370+30+200)= 2180. That's equal to another 2nd this year and I still wouldn't like it. There is a much better chance a team will overpay, then severely underpay. You don't trade down from the 2nd best player in the draft unless you are overpaid. It makes no sense.

Archived