The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

Yea he's got to go. I'll wait and see what he's ultimately charged with but this is like beyond stupid at this point. I understand if Lynch gives him another shot but it will make him look like a hypocrite with all his talk of wanting the right kind of players and high character guys, etc. Supremely talented individual but at some point your have to sacrifice parts of your life to truly be great at the one thing you love. And Foster seems unwilling to let go of certain aspects of his life that could affect his ability to be a truly great football player.  

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, lets see what he is charged with. It is bad, and any lesser player gets released. However, dude is an elite talent and rightfully or not, guys like him get more chances than others. 

I'm so tired of "waiting and seeing" with guys though. You sleep with dogs, you're gonna get flees. After the second time you lose any benefit of the doubt. 

This is definitely a tough decision to be made! Unfortunately like a lot of you have mentioned this reminds me of Aldon’s shenanigans and you can only scratch your head and go, wtf?! 

A lot of ppl already had a linebacker mocked for us in the draft, but I think this almost guarantees it. Hopefully we get pick 9 (pending coin flip) so we can have our choice. 

I was a bigger fan of us taking Edmunds before this incident because I thought that Smith was very much a clone of Foster on the field.  Now since I have no trust in Foster moving forwards, Edmunds and Smith are 1a. and 1b. So I don't mind too much who the Raiders pick if they are ahead of us as I'd be happy with either option.

1 minute ago, Geek said:

I was a bigger fan of us taking Edmunds before this incident because I thought that Smith was very much a clone of Foster on the field.  Now since I have no trust in Foster moving forwards, Edmunds and Smith are 1a. and 1b. So I don't mind too much who the Raiders pick if they are ahead of us as I'd be happy with either option.

Maybe I'm expecting big changes this season from Saleh on defense with the pattern-matching. What Edmunds excels at doesn't seem like a day-1 scheme-fit at either WLB or MLB.  Drafting him to play SLB seems like a waste of a top-10 pick.

Archived