The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article210143064.html

So this had nothing to do with any side chick drama just road rage? Okay then......

There are so many questions that I'm sure the DA is digging into. If this was just road rage then why was she blaming him? And, she said he was evicting her and had thrown her things out of the house and pulled her out by her hair. OK, so were her things out on the sidewalk like she originally claimed? The video itself is a new wrinkle and we'll just have to wait to see what the DA's office thinks about it.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yo @jrry32 can you break this down? Does the DA really need more time and haven't reviewed the videotape yet or are trying to gather additional evidence to further their case against Foster?

This reminds me of the Billions episode from yesterday where the judge granted the prosecutor an additional week when they didn't have the evidence ready lol. 

Spoilers, dude. Haven't watched it yet. I had to stop reading mid sentence.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Spoilers, dude. Haven't watched it yet. I had to stop reading mid sentence.

Should have stopped right when you read "the Billions episode from yesterday" my man. That right there was your spoilers alert!!!!

I remember when the news first came out, Foster had supposedly dragged her out of the house. Is she denying that happened as well or only that he didn't strike her 8-10 times? 

The whole striking her 8-10 times always seemed a little fishy to me. I'm a big dude and if Reuben Foster punched me 8-10 times in the head best case I'm in the ICU and worst I'm dead.

And as far as we know she said she was blaming him because he tried to break up with her.

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yo @jrry32 can you break this down? Does the DA really need more time and haven't reviewed the videotape yet or are trying to gather additional evidence to further their case against Foster?

This reminds me of the Billions episode from yesterday where the judge granted the prosecutor an additional week when they didn't have the evidence ready lol. 

No idea. Even if they have reviewed the tape, they may have leads to track down.

1 hour ago, Geek said:

The whole striking her 8-10 times always seemed a little fishy to me. I'm a big dude and if Reuben Foster punched me 8-10 times in the head best case I'm in the ICU and worst I'm dead.

And as far as we know she said she was blaming him because he tried to break up with her.

This is the same thing my brother and I talked about. He hits me once in the face I probably go night night. Not to defend something like this if it happened but how does one especially a female get hit 8-10 in the head by a man that strong and just have a ruptured ear drum?

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No idea. Even if they have reviewed the tape, they may have leads to track down.

Also they received the video last week on Thursday so they have only had about one business day to review.

1 hour ago, JerseyNiner said:

This is the same thing my brother and I talked about. He hits me once in the face I probably go night night. Not to defend something like this if it happened but how does one especially a female get hit 8-10 in the head by a man that strong and just have a ruptured ear drum?

When you really love someone, you stop at ruptured eardrum. That's love, man.

P.S. I'm joking, that's not love, in case someone googles this.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article210624059.html

More details coming out. Think he will be fine in terms of not striking her, but he did admit to breaking her cell phone and there are claims he threw her dog across the room during one argument. I think he ends up staying on the team, but definitely gets a six game suspension. Tomorrow should be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't see how he doesn't win this...even if it does go to trial. There is reasonable doubt that he every touched her.

Agreed. I don't know if he ends up getting charged. My stance on this has been the same for a while now - the criminal DV charges go away (either being dropped, or a not guilty verdict if they decide to actually press on), then he gets suspended by the league for anything between 2-6 games. 

But did you guys read the article I posted yesterday? They said there was strong marijuana smell (not that it matters much), a loaded gun and admission from Foster that he broke her cell phone. The other two things may not matter much, but breaking her cell phone could. He broke it because he thought she was recording him, but it could be used he broken it so she couldn't call the police. There is also a part of him throwing her dog across the room, but again not sure if that will matter.

As for winning the case or having the DV charges dropped, that was always the likely outcome once she recanted the story and wasn't going to testify against him. But since there is a video that shows her getting in a fight, then this basically became a lock. 

And really those were the charges that were going to determine if he stayed on the team or not. 

He's definitely getting suspended, but the question is how many games? Maybe split the 2-6 in the middle and give him four games? 

Archived