The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

Elissa Ennis, the ex-girlfriend of Reuben Foster, plans to testify Thursday that the 49ers linebacker did not hit her on Feb. 11 and that she initially lied to police, her attorney confirmed Tuesday.

Clark said Ennis would be putting herself at risk of prosecution by admitting she fabricated her initial story but that he didn't think the district attorney's office would file charges against her.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article211162679.html

So Thursday will be interesting to say the least.

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Today is a big day for Foster. Not convinced the DA drops the charges, but I guess there is a chance with his ex-girlfriend testifying under oath and the prosecution having time to review the video.

This is a big day forsure, my guess is the case is dismissed entirely even the weapons charges. I hope theres a transcript of the ex's testimony. 

After the attempted armed robbery on him and ray ray armstrong early in the season, plus stories like Sean Taylor's, it makes sense to want to have something to protect himself. Fine him for having a gun that CA doesnt allow and close the book on this. 

If Reuben is back for OTA's on the 22nd without anymore looming charges that would be huge.  

Reuben Foster’s accuser just gave extensive testimony, says he did not hit her once and actually she struck him with hanger. “I was threatening Reuben. ... that I was going to f*** up his career” Called 911 3x because “I wanted to be extra. I wanted him to go down. I was pissed” 

Reuben Foster’s ex-girlfriend Elissa Ennis testifies: “It was all a money scheme. I didn’t want to get this far in the news. It was about money.” She fled home to Louisiana after Foster arrested 2/11 and she took with her Foster’s money and jewelry which is in a safe deposit box

From David Lombardi

Ennis also says that Reuben Foster did NOT throw the cell phone. Ennis says that SHE threw the phone at Foster. Ennis also says that Foster always sprinted away from her to avoid fighting but she broke back into the house multiple times “to talk **** to him.”

2 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Or trade him for a 3rd round pick, right @Forge?

I wouldn't have minded if we had traded him for a third rounder right after. At least I would have gotten something for him. Most people in here wanted to cut him immediately. 

Also, I will add that I got 2 picks for him, not just the third. Also a 2019 3rd / 4th :D

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'd bet you he doesnt get more than 2. 

After this, I'm going to fall into the 2 game camp as well. I do think that there will still be a suspension, but I think that's it's going to fall under a heading more like, "conduct detrimental" or something like that, you know?

Here is the thing, maybe Foster has been done completely wrong, but I wouldn't take what she is saying on stand as the complete truth. There is still too much there for him not to have done something. Maybe he didn't hit her 8-10 times, but I highly doubt she threw the cell phone at him and he "sprinted away" from her. It is definitely a messed up situation all around. No one is ever going to know the truth aside from those two, but she just made Foster out to be choir boy with her testimony LOL. 

Archived